Respected Contributor

My question: How many of you complainers have actually used this system for any real length of time?

It's the same stuff/different day whenever Dana comes on, esp. w/a TSV.

I guess it makes you feel finacially superior  to the rest of us purchasers, who do see results, and enjoy using Perricone products.

Ladies, it's getting old.

Trusted Contributor

Is all in the phychology of "marketing" There is an entire science dedicated towards maketing ie convincing consumers that a certain product is one a "consumer couldnt live without" (especially in well saturated markets such as beauty and skin care) Repeat Catch words such as "amazing" "drama" and the like are repeated often. Some of this science is also very subliminal too. I studied this type of marketing and have also fell for it at one time. (kicks self) But they all use it, some to a smaller extent, some so obvious is almost amusing. At one time I thought this type of marketing was harmless until I saw financial devastation caused by those with less will power buying way beyond their means hoping to find a miracle in a bottle. On the other hand is up to the consumer to be both aware and financially savy and to live within their means. On another side of the coin is nice to see all of the choices and that although we can supposedly age in the best way possible today that there are cheaper alternatives (or even more expensive for those with good disposable incomes). I make my own masks at times and other items as I am disabled and do not feel I need or even could justify the cost of some more noted brands.. LOL can see I oftentimes look at both sides of a pancake...then I get dizzy from being analytical hahaha. You will find folks who swear by any brand and that is ok too. Is good you see and are aware of the current marketing and that is the key to savy shopper Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

@Mysticmom wrote:
I know, I just watched her apply the facial cream to 1/2 a forehead and rave about the "extraordinary" difference. There was no perceptible difference whatsoever! Really!!

These live presentations are useless imo, bcz these products take time to work (although, I saw results in a few days) . Not sure why they do live slatherings of this product...

Super Contributor

I am going to be honest they do a a good "sales job" but I find these Perricone Products never work as they say they do. But when I use Paulas Choice which is much cheaper significantly changes my skin. Perricone is just a over priced line that makes you believe they are the best but the best for my skin is PC. My own opinon. I would not buy this Pericone TSV. 

Super Contributor

I totally agree withy Stormygirl. She is spot on. Go for a line that does the research and you get results. I cannnot say enough good things about Paulas Choice. An amazing line for me. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Perricone Presentations

[ Edited ]

@maestra I wouldnt label anyone as "complainers" as the same type of threads can be found on LOGO TSV days, D&C, WEN just to name a few brands and I have found it is not a personal attack on me if I choose to purchase (or not) any brand that I may see positioned negatively in a thread, I see it as OP merely stating an opinion. I read it as "tired of the marketing" for a brand more then the actual product. I do not feel the need to defend my position or attack anyone either because if one vehemntly defends one brand yet joins in the frayin another ie example on the LOGO days to say how frumpy it looks (to them) it would be like "pot call kettle black" (am not saying you have done this either as I have no idea) I have seen this on the threads is why I wrote that.

I used to feel like you, the need to defend a brand I happened to like and just mentally admonish others negative opinions but have thought it over.....I do NOT represent "the rest of us purchasers" and have no idea their thoughts and folks are allowed to view an opinion. Is not a personal affront aimed at myself and now I see that...just a mere opinion. I changed my position and no longer feel the need to jump in with any "getting old" position. I do not want to find myself in a position of doing same thing to another TSV brand that I may not like or having adminished others for doing same thing. It may get old to some but you can name brand and find negative threads on any of them and on any given day.  Is not illegal so remember is just an opinion. None of it gets to me now.....too much energy not aimed at anyone personally. If anyone loves whatever brand is presented I am sure the forums wont dissuade them from purchasing. Live and let live eh? Is the nature of the beast (threads and forums)  Am always in my "happy place" these days. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

This is a discussion board after all. I should think all statements would be welcome.

I enjoy reading about results from other skincare lines. I don't use a line myself. I found the pieces that are most effective for me with my skin condition. Condition which happens to be well balanced, smooth & toned, and still unlined as I approach 64. 

Don't forget that there are effects of facial massage. But I am of the opinion that you could use almost anything, even nothing, and still get an immediate, though not "dramatic" visual effect. I wish Dana, et.al., wouldn't use descriptive words at all. I, also wish she would talk more about what role emollients and specific ingredients have on the skin. But this just isn't her thing. (Like the argan oil story, like the bio fuels story, etc., etc.)

I've tried Perricone, (though not the Sub-D), as well as other skincare lines, and I have found that they are no more or no less than anything else I've tried. 

We're all just going to hear what we hear, use what we use and try what we try.

Honored Contributor
The change that Perricone purports to effect would have to occur on a cellular level. Then you would be toying with cancer! It's instant and temporary and you're paying way too much for it! If it was a real change Dana would be a three-year-old by now LOL
Regular Contributor

I am 60 and have tried everything over the years - starting from about age 14. The one thing I find tried and true is the Clinique 3 step. Other than that I think all of these products are "smoke and mirrors." When I say "everything" I mean ALL major Q and department store skin care lines. Even Dr. Denese, who has wonderful products turned to plastic surgery. (I think she looks amazing!).  I think a woman has to age gracefully or go under the knife. Just my honest opinion!

Trusted Contributor

@maestra wrote:

My question: How many of you complainers have actually used this system for any real length of time?

It's the same stuff/different day whenever Dana comes on, esp. w/a TSV.

I guess it makes you feel finacially superior  to the rest of us purchasers, who do see results, and enjoy using Perricone products.

Ladies, it's getting old.

I get what you're saying but I honestly have a hard time with her presentations. I admit I haven't used the whole system but did use a cream once (can't even remember the name)  and it smelled like fish so I gave it away. What has feeling "financially superior" to do with anything?  I spend plenty of money on the products that make sense to me. I don't use an entire line of anything because I like to pick and choose. So blast away but in the original post, I did say, IMO!