Super Contributor

Perricone No Foundation Foundation & ASDM Sunscreen

Yesterday I purchased Perricone's NFF at Ulta. It was $55.00 for 1 oz. I have already been using ASDM SPF 35 & like it. The Perricone NFF was kind of an impulse purchase I guess. Well I used it this morning & it is just like the ASDM in color, coverage etc. ASDM is a little more matte. ASDM is $25.00 for 4oz. It is not that I don't like the Perricone NFF but what a difference in price. I am sure this is my last purchase of the NFF.
Super Contributor

Re: Perricone No Foundation Foundation & ASDM Sunscreen

What does ASDM stand for? I currently used Perricone No Foundation Foundation Serum and love it! It gives great coverage and looks so natural.

asltw

Respected Contributor

I don't know about the ASDM - don't even know what it stands for. But I did try the Pericone NFF some years ago. It made my face sticky, and the stickiness never went away until I washed it off. It was terrible. I threw it away, and shamed myself for such a foolish purchase.

That sticky feeling also goes with Purity from Philosophy. I can't stand the stuff. It makes my skin feel so clammy and sticky. I threw it away also.

Super Contributor

Not sure what ASDM stands for but their website is ASDM Beverly Hills.
Super Contributor

I haven't tried Perricone' s NFF but I do like the sunscreen from ASDM. Thanks for the comparison:-)

I think ASDM is the initials of the owner but I'm not positive.

Frequent Contributor

I have tried a lot of different sunscreens and ASDM sunscreen is my current favorite. I like it for two reasons: it dries down quickly even when used over my Vitamin C serum and my peptide serum, and it provides enough coverage that I don't need foundation. The price is great.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Perkup said:

I don't know about the ASDM - don't even know what it stands for. But I did try the Pericone NFF some years ago. It made my face sticky, and the stickiness never went away until I washed it off. It was terrible. I threw it away, and shamed myself for such a foolish purchase.

That sticky feeling also goes with Purity from Philosophy. I can't stand the stuff. It makes my skin feel so clammy and sticky. I threw it away also.

I have used NFF for years and never had it sticky, except one time. I put it over a hydrating cream from either BB or Amore Pacific (can't remember). But it was sticky, and then the foundation sort of rolled off. I use NFF everyday, and after I changed the moisturizer it never happened again

I would never compare it to ASDM, but that is me. NFF gives me the color and the dewy finish I love. I tried the new NFF serum, and I do NOT like that stuff at all. Neither did my daughter who wears NFF as well. Foundation is such a personal thing. You either love it or hate it.

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 myshell624 said:

I haven't tried Perricone' s NFF but I do like the sunscreen from ASDM. Thanks for the comparison:-)

myshell624 - Does the ASDM sunscreen dry your skin at all? Also, did we ever find out the % of zinc oxide in it? I thought it was pretty nice and high, if I remember right.

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 F1wild said:
On 10/26/2014 myshell624 said:

myshell624 - Does the ASDM sunscreen dry your skin at all? Also, did we ever find out the % of zinc oxide in it? I thought it was pretty nice and high, if I remember right.

Luckily I still had the email from them because I forgot what they told me. LOL. It has 10% zinc. It's not as high as I like for days I'm outside a lot but it does layer well with other sunscreens. It also works good on its own when I'm mostly hanging around the house. It hasn't dried my skin out but it's not as moisturizing as some others I use, like Andalou CC and BB creams. I usually apply a little oil under it and it's fine. Of course, I apply oil under all my sunscreens:-)

Respected Contributor

Love the ASDM sunscreen. Even my DH likes it! It lasts a very long time since you don't need much of it. Great value.