Honored Contributor

Perricone - Neuropeptide Facial Cream (new formula)

[ Edited ]

@Sparky3333 You asked that I report back when I got the duo with the new formula. It finally got here after going to backorder to "in process" to taking a long time before shipping, to finally arriving.

First, I really do like the old formula. Never had a problem with the smell, but did have excellent results with the ingredients. Still have three months left of the prior item.

Second, on the new duo, which appears to be the only one selling on QVC now, the first thing I checked was for the instructions and application. If you will remember, I had commented on an older thread about how I always wondered about the instructions, which differed drastically from how Dana demonstrated it.

The instructions on the prior tube read: "Dr. Perricone recommends patting gently on targeted areas of the face, focusing on the cheeks, forehead, and jawline." Emphasis mine.

On the new formula the instructions say: "After cleansing, massage onto face and neck using a gentle upward motion........" So they went from patting, which is what I do, to gentle massaging. However, Dana does it harder than gentle, I believe.

Also mentioned on another thread, I heard her for the first time on her last visit say that rubbing it in really good "activates" the ingredients. Well, now I can understand the need to do that; however, I just do the "activating" in my hands, rubbing it together with vigor, then gently patting/pressing into my skin. She may have said it for years, but I just never picked up on the "activate" word, and it was an eye opener for me.

Third, I really do LOVE that the new product doesn't come running out (unless I put a pin hole in the foil to prevent that on the old formula). The lack of scent makes no difference to me, as noted above.

Fourth, I used it this morning (had intended to wait until my old tube was used up, but....) and I find that it tightens up my skin just as fast and just as well. That makes me believe that the original formula for performance has not changed; or if so, it is minor. Just the ability to remove the scent that many found offensive, seems to be the only change.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perricone - Neuropeptide Facial Cream (new formula)

I've been waiting for a Perricone posting.  Have wondered why Dana has been pushing only one product from the line and that being the most expensive....but yet offering TWO for less than half the price of ONE.  Very odd.

Application:  I never pat - have always worked it in the skin.  However, Dana drives me nuts....pulling down on the model's face when applying.  I was taught, at age 14, to always push up and out.  Never pull down on the skin- gravity will do that for you over time. 

Laura Gellar is another expert who pulls down on skin.

And (lastly)  how did you know this 2 for 1 is a new formula?  Why would a new version be at such a reduced price?

Appreciate your input..............this line seems to take unexplained twist and turns

Honored Contributor

I tried a kit once and really didnt find anything better than less costlier products! The products in this line are so expensive!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@fthunt As to how to know it is the newer formula, Dana said it was when she presented it. Sorry, I can't remember the exact words she used in one of her presentations. And I don't know if she said it in every presentation.

She also indicated the much-aligned scent was no longer there, which required them to change the formula by adding something to overcome the raw materials that caused the formula to be altered.

And also, this new one I just got is thicker when it comes out of the tube. It is more like a cream than a runny serum. So something they did in manufacturing caused that to happen, I would think.

I have not compared ingredients. Maybe someone else has time to do that.

As to the reduced price....over the four years I have been purchasing this product, I can't remember paying more than $129 for the duo. If memory serves me correctly, it comes out twice a year at that price.....winter and summer. 

I always purchase the duo because it is better than the $240 for just one that QVC also sells. The duo is a year's supply for me, so $129 comes to around $11/mo for me. Well worth it on my face! ha!

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs Sounds like you will save a lot of money by not using Perricone. Good for you. My skin responds really well to this brand and not others I have tried. Heart

Valued Contributor

I'm still using the old formula and really like it.  I have super sensitive to breaking out skin with a dash of rosacea.  Most products I try ending up causing issues and find their way to the wastebasket. These Perricone products don't seem to bother my skin.  The smell is a non issue for me also as it quickly goes away.l

Super Contributor

This is the first Perricone product  i’ve tried. The cost has always put me off previously. I have to say I do think there is a slight smell to the product, kind of like fried fish. The smell does go away shortly though. I was looking at my face today and after using for a couple of months I do think the cream has made a difference in the superficial wrinkles and in the tautness  of my skin. I am wondering if I should order a second set of the two tubes before the price goes up. 

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to add........I use my Pop Sonic Leaf to massage the facial cream into my neck and face. I use upward strokes in circles. This gives me amazing results. I put it on first after cleansing my face. 🙋🏻❤️
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty So glad you mentioned the Pop Sonic Leaf and how you use it. Never thought of that. Sounds like a good way to ensure the cream gets into the skin and doesn't just sit on top. Heart

You put the cream on first after cleansing. Do you use any serums or other products after the NFC, other than moisturizer?

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Naturesbeauty So glad you mentioned the Pop Sonic Leaf and how you use it. Never thought of that. Sounds like a good way to ensure the cream gets into the skin and doesn't just sit on top. Heart

You put the cream on first after cleansing. Do you use any serums or other products after the NFC, other than moisturizer?

@World Traveler......I keep my morning routine pretty simple. After cleansing my face, I apply the NFC, just a little moisturizer. If putting makeup on I will wait a little while and apply my primer, then makeup. Simple for me is better.