Respected Contributor

Perricone MD does not test on animals but..........

[ Edited ]
That depends on your definition of "cruelty free." They do not test on animals but they do sell products that contain animal-derived ingredients and therefore, are not vegan. Several of their products contain L-Tyrosine (derived from duck feathers) and eggshell membrane extract or salmon roe enzyme extract. They also use fish oil and gelatin in their supplements. They do not test their products on animals and they are very clear about this on their website! They also do not test their ingredients on animals nor ask or hire any third parties to test their products or ingredients on animals on their behalf. Perricone MD’s raw material suppliers do not test on animals and Perricone MD does not sell their products in-stores in Mainland China and therefore they’re not required to test on animals as per China’s laws. On Perricone MD’s website, they have a clear explanation of their business in China. Perricone MD only sells directly to customers in China when they order online.
New Contributor

Re: Perricone MD does not test on animals but..........

Dear LoveMojitos, You are the first person I've ever come across who has stated that they use salmon roe enzyme extract. They also use fish oil and gelatin in their supplements, although I have heard rumours about this. I have a curious relationship w/ Perricone products. I was probably the first person in NYC to buy Cold Plasma around 15 years ago, and loved it. Finished the jar, no problems. However, all my life I have been severly allergic to fish that swim (including oil and gelatin), while able to eat shellfish. Even got myself tested again as an adult because fish is so healthy. I believe in 2008, I ordered a set of 5 Perricone products from QVC. My whole face blew up! Of course ,they took it right back, but no one at Perricone could identify the fish product in the ingredients. I thought that was odd since it shouldn't be hard to call a scientist in a lab. Your answer may come too late for me as I have just ordered the TSV because it's only 2 products, but before I saw your post, I did read the ingredients and nothing jumped out at me as being fish-based. If you happen to know the names of these ingredients, I'd very much appreciate it. Of course, I ordered just 1 shipment and am ready to return if allergic reaction occurs. Thanks so much!

Trusted Contributor

I'm all for people testing. Leave the poor animals, who don't have a voice, alone.  Yes, PTR, I'm looking right at you. 

Trusted Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
That depends on your definition of "cruelty free." They do not test on animals but they do sell products that contain animal-derived ingredients and therefore, are not vegan. Several of their products contain L-Tyrosine (derived from duck feathers) and eggshell membrane extract or salmon roe enzyme extract. They also use fish oil and gelatin in their supplements. They do not test their products on animals and they are very clear about this on their website! They also do not test their ingredients on animals nor ask or hire any third parties to test their products or ingredients on animals on their behalf. Perricone MD’s raw material suppliers do not test on animals and Perricone MD does not sell their products in-stores in Mainland China and therefore they’re not required to test on animals as per China’s laws. On Perricone MD’s website, they have a clear explanation of their business in China. Perricone MD only sells directly to customers in China when they order online.

I'm going to ask because I honestly have no clue, but what in the world would a "duck feather" derivative do for my skin?