Valued Contributor

Perricone MD Ageless 5 Piece set

I received this set today. I'm surprised that there is a relatively strong fragrance to the products. I did the evening routine and I'm not exactly thrilled with the lingering scent. Don't ask which item is causing it because I didn't really notice it until I was done!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perricone MD Ageless 5 Piece set

I also bought this set - and I buy a Dr. P's set every year - and have never found them to be offensive.  But people continue to post about the odor.  To me, every cosmetic product has some kind of a - smell -.

Valued Contributor

I purchased this set also because I like the neuropeptide night cream. I'm very sensitive to scents and Perricone is hit or miss with scent. 

With this kit, I found the cleanser to be a scent I do not like at all, I can smell it on my face long after I washed it off. The cold plasma has a slight scent, which doesn't bother me so much. The neuropeptide night cream has a scent that I can deal with, but the moisturizer is an absolute no for me. Cannot stand the smell. The neck serum has a scent, but seems to dissipate enough where it doesn't bother me. 

Perricone gets many comments about fragrance of their products on the reviews. People hate the smell of the Neuropeptide face cream (day) because there is no added fragrance and it smells heinous (but works, if you like the smell of fish and urine). That's why I use the night version, as it has a scent that is ok.

Scents are a funny thing, completely subjective from person to person. Imho, the offenders in this kit are the cleanser and the moisturizer.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt

The fragrance isn't really offensive to me, but it's too strong and lingers. I think it could interfere with a light cologne or perfume I might want to wear. I'm going to give it a week's try and see if I can put up with it. If not, back it goes. I guess I have been using unscented products for a long time. Posters on a previous thread wondered about the scent, so I thought I'd comment.

@fthunt wrote:

I also bought this set - and I buy a Dr. P's set every year - and have never found them to be offensive.  But people continue to post about the odor.  To me, every cosmetic product has some kind of a - smell -.

Honored Contributor

The "fishy" scent is part of the Perricone charm. It goes away quickly. 

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

The "fishy" scent is part of the Perricone charm. It goes away quickly. 

It isn't a fishy scent. It's perfumey. And it lingers quite a while.

Honored Contributor

@Marybella  Really... the only time I've ever smelled "perfumey" is actually a slight rose scent in his Face Finishing Moisturizer. Beyond that, the complaints/comments have been about the "fishy" scent so common in his products.

Perfume scent truly surprises me. No clue as to why that's there; I would presume it dissipates as quickly as the "fishy" one but again, don't know. My apologies for assuming regarding the scent.

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam

No problem Sahmlam! It's a scent that reminds me of some kind of soap or soap mxed with Vicks Vapor Rub! I think it might be there as a masking scent. I most recently used the Face Firming Activator (Ithink that's what it is called) and I never noticed any fragrance in it. So, I think I just didn't expect any noticeable scent in the other products, which are new to me. I think I would rather have the quickly dissipating fish scent! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Marybella  I had ordered a Perricone try me set and it had a fishy smell. Went back immediately. Maybe now they tried to cover it up w/ another fragrance (someone else said vick's vapor rub). Still not great.

Honored Contributor

I ordered this set as well, and I don't smell anything overly strong, the Face Finishing Moisturizer does have a scent, but to me at least it isn't real strong, and it doesn't linger on me either. That is too bad that you are having this reaction to it, you may have to send it back if the smell continues to irritate you..I have some of Perricon'es other products and the fish smell, I am so used to, I know it will go away in a minute or so...I love his products and I am not sensitive to scents, so maybe that is why!