Honored Contributor

Perricone - DMAE/Alpha Lipoic Acid

[ Edited ]

Sometime back (maybe a year) I got the concentrated serum duo of DMAE and Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is lasting a long, long time.

Recently I received a 90-day supply of DMAE Firming Pads as part of a special four-product offer.

My question to anyone familiar with DMAE is this: Is this one of Perricone's products that has to be handled carefully as far as usage is concerned? I find that just using the serum in the evening causes my face to flush a little; it goes away after a while. I only use 2-3 drops mixed with 2-3 drops of the Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is how Dana demonstrated using the two.

When the DMAE Firming Pads came in a package deal, it said to use morning or evening. But I just find this product to be quite strong. 

Do any of you find DMAE to be a powerful product or is it just my skin that is reacting this way? I want to keep using it because it is supposed to "deliver a concentrated level of DMAE for the look of firmer skin; soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and gently exfoliate to reveal a natural, healthy glow." 

I do find that the results are good, but there must be something in this stuff that wants to fight my skin first before it delivers the good results. ha!  Or maybe it is just fighting something else that I put on my face. I do use Blue Plasma first, so there might be too much exfoliation going on.

I would appreciate receiving any advice DMAE users on the forum may have that would help me use this product correctly.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone - DMAE/Alpha Lipoic Acid

It IS a strong chemical and for more detailed information I'd suggest researching the chemical thoroughly as to what it is and how it works ...  and coming to your own conclusions about it.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*