Honored Contributor

Re: Permanent makeup for lips and eye liner. Would you do it again? Any tips?

@2blonde Thanks for the tip. I'm very interested in finding RapidLash. (I'm 64). 

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess

@OKPrincess wrote:

@2blonde Thanks for the tip. I'm very interested in finding RapidLash. (I'm 64). 

I always buy mine through Amazon.  You can get them for around $25-30 there, and a tube lasts me for many months, applied every night.  I haven't checked on the Bay, but you might find even cheaper deals there.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I would not do it: Eyelid Tattooing Induces Meibomian Gland Loss and Tear Film Instability

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25933400

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

My husband told me not to do anything to change my face my mother did also. They both are wise but i still thought i would do some cosmetic changes but as I have gotten older and wiser and see the results I'll stick with my great genes many take me for 50 lol and I am well past that...except for the internet when I play a 29yr old,, glad those days are over!!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Do you remember Tammy F Baker? I think her eyeliner and lipstick were tattooed and it didn't look becoming as she aged.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had my eyeliner done in my 30's.  She used a topical numbing gel.  My eyelids swelled and I had to spend the weekend with frozen peas on them.  

It did solve the problem of my bottom liner giving me raccoon eyes.  I still needed top eyeliner because eyeshadow covered the tatoo.

Mally came out with her eyeliner pencils and solved my problems.  Now I use her gel liners and get the best result ever.

I saw some older women clients there who had their eyes done and it was a harsh, too dark look, bless their hearts.

They say the lips are horribly painful.

Unless you just don't want to put on your makeup, products have come a long way.

Honored Contributor

I’d consider getting my eyebrows done since I lost most of them with alopecia. 

Honored Contributor

I have never done permanent makeup. Common sense tells me that our features change as we age.

Brows that were in one place at age 50-60 will drop lower every decade. Where will the brow tattoo be then if not faded?.... Up too high above any brow that remains.

Permanent lip liner? Lips get thinner as we get older. I’d rather not see liner outside my natural lips. I see that all too often when women do that in an attempt to enlarge lips.

As we age, with makeup, less is more. Why add darker brows, eye liner or lip liner? I can’t imagine any way it would look natural on someone over 40. 

Contributor

THANKS!!! everyone for your replies.  Knew this was the place to ask because there are so many nice helpful people on these boards!  Your replies have given me more to think about and questions I didn't even think to ask. The person that would be doing the tatooing comes highly recommended and said to be the best in my area.  If I was to do something like this, they are the only facility I would even consider. One of my concerns was that the esthetician I talked to said that the liner tatoo has to be from corner to corner on the eye and I normally just do liner about 3/4 from middle of the eye to the outside cornor.  I definitely would not be doing a thick or winged line.  The consultation is free and they would draw on with liner to show me exactly how it would be applied.  I would not be obligated to go through with the procedure, so still not sure.  Thanks agiain for all your replies!!!

Valued Contributor

I had my brows done about 5-6 years ago.  I was told being in the sun would fade them faster, as well as putting any lotions or creams on them.  Mine are just to the point where I really need them touched up. But as it's been so long, I would be charged as if they are new........$400-$600.