Trusted Contributor

Perlier Vanilla & Sandalwood

Has anyone tried this scent by Perlier?  Want to try the deal they had last night on the Beauty Report for the shower gel and body butter.  Not sure how the sandlewood would smell...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perlier Vanilla & Sandalwood

@MrsCat21

I believe this is a new scent. It just sounds masculine to me (sandlewood) and I am not interested in trying. They will be back on Sunday for two hours so perhaps they will go into more details so that you can get a better idea if it is something that you may wish to try.

Respected Contributor

I bought it but was concerned because Skip did say that both men and women can use. Usually I don't like those type of scents. The price is amazing especially for the sizes. My reason for buying is because I have a small size of the Sandalwood and Sage Handcream. Not found of the Sage scent but the Sandalwood does come through a little and I think I like that. Since there is vanilla in this set I think it might be good. Keep fingers crossed anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I bought it but was concerned because Skip did say that both men and women can use. Usually I don't like those type of scents. The price is amazing especially for the sizes. My reason for buying is because I have a small size of the Sandalwood and Sage Handcream. Not found of the Sage scent but the Sandalwood does come through a little and I think I like that. Since there is vanilla in this set I think it might be good. Keep fingers crossed anyway.

@Tricolor  Please report back when you try it.  I love sandalwood but fear that this will not smell like sandalwood at all.. as has been the case with other sandalwood products  I have tried.. Of course REAL  Sandalwood is so expensive, usually  synthetic  sandalwood's scents are used.  I wonder if this is the case here.. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never tried it.   But a friend has used the Perlier sandalwood body wash and loved it.   I guess it's all a matter of personal preference.   I love all of the Perlier Vanilla fragrances.... the original,  the Carribean, and the Shea Vanilla.  The new kit is a good buy,  very large body cream.  Hope you love the fragrance.

Honored Contributor

Well I went a little crazy buying Perlier this weekend!  Bath and body sets, hand cream, body butters, shower creams, soaps.  So much stuff.  Haven't bought their products in ages.  Loved them when they were here at the Q so looking forward to getting all my new stuff.  I should be set until next year at this time!  I did watch today's show and saw the presentation on the sandalwood and it sounds like it would be good for men and women.  I think you could trust that their products are made with good quality products so the scent shouldn't be to artificial, if you know what I mean.

Honored Contributor

Today is the last day this set will be offered at the low price FYI.

perlier-vanilla-and-sandalwood-2-piece-kit-d-2017101810063185_581152.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I was also thinking of the SSC :

Serious Skincare Body Souffle Beauty Treatment.  8oz for $16.50

SSC Body Souffle Beauty Treatment - Vanilla Veil

Respected Contributor

@MrsCat21, I bought that souffle last year but did not like it. Just not enough hydration for me. I am waiting for my Sandalwood and Vanilla to arrive which is on advanced order. Hope that I don't lose out on getting it. 

Respected Contributor

My Vanilla and Sandalwood arrived the other day and I tried it for the first time today. It's a very nice scent. It's actually quite subtle and not masculine smelling at all. The butter is awesome! Very thick and quite concentrated. I actually started out using too much on my leg. At this price it is a great buy. I smell more vanilla than anything. If you are a vanilla person, I highly recommend this before it sells out.