Honored Contributor

Re: Perlier 3 Liter Bath & Shower Cream

You all are a bad influence!  LOL  I used to buy Perlier when they were on the Q but haven't for years because I forgot they were on elsewhere.  So today, I went a bit nuts.  Some of this is for holidays gifts - as I said to justify my purchases....  I bought Caribbean body butter (2); honey and vanilla and honey and lavendar body butter; lavendar shower cream (2); and caribbean bar soap. 

Thanks for posting about this - I used to love their products and am looking forward to getting them again. 

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

I know this is a silly question but what is a "shower cream?" I've never use one? Are they like soap and lather? How do I use it? I've only used bar soap my entire life. I now use Beekman soap, 

I always thought a shower cream is pretty much the same thing as a shower gel or a body wash. @BdBettyB

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

I know this is a silly question but what is a "shower cream?" I've never use one? Are they like soap and lather? How do I use it? I've only used bar soap my entire life. I now use Beekman soap, 

I always thought a shower cream is pretty much the same thing as a shower gel or a body wash. @BdBettyB

Trusted Contributor

I held out until they brought out that
on day only" price on the one made with the giant almonds that they got permission to use to make a bath and shower creme.

Then I caved. I have heard about those giant almonds in the food genre, so I can only assume they are the best of the best.

More oil per almond means more moisturizing creme, I hope. I have a thyroid condition that has wreaked havoc on my skin. My legs are scaly they are so dry (sounds gross I know). It is amazing how a malfunctioning thyroid can affect every single part of your body in some way. Dry, dry skin everywhere is not fun.

I tried going to Beekman goat milk products, and while they are nice, they did not help. I also noticed Beekman is starting to add more and more chemicals to their products, which does not make me happy.

Lots of Vitamin E, while not absorbed, might be what my skin needs to soften it, stop the dryness, and just help my skin.

That said, what a GIANT bottle! Only me showering, it will last me more than a year for sure! I don't even know what it smells like, hope it smells good because you can bet this is a product that does not come with a prepaid return label. I hate when they do that. Send a product and you only find out it is "return on your own dime" label when it gets to you.

Someone said no free shipping on Perlier. I think that probably has to do with the fact that Perlier has to ship all that product internationally to get it all to Florida, so that would be a pretty large shipping bill  for them to then turn around and offer free shipping. I sort of understand that. Half price shipping would be nice though Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Shower creams in general are much creamier and more hydrating than shower gels I've found. 

Esteemed Contributor

BdBettyB wrote:

@BdBettyB, Perlier calls their product shower cream because theirs are creamier than the usual bath & shower cleansing products.  However, in the big picture these are just marketing terms.  The product is a simply a exceptional hydrating body cleanser to use in shower or bath to be used the same as soap for washing yourself.  They are very foamy and it only takes a one pump to cleanse my entire body.  A couple pumps renders a lavish tub full of foamy aromatic water for a comforting bath.

As for the the size, the 3 liter is not the only product I use for body cleansing because I like using different things.  I limit myself to one 3 liter per year.  As previously mentioned I live alone so the bottles last me at least two years. That said, I have never found the scent or efficacy of the product to diminish over time. I'm sure there is some point where it goes bad, but it must take longer than two years.  I don't handle those big bottles and pour product into a smaller bottle (as needed).  The 3 liter is stored in the linen closet.  

@Lipstickdiva, The 3 liters are never free s&h, but they haven't raised the $79.95 TS price in several years.  Cynicism compels me to think that if s&h were free the TS price would jump to $99.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix

I resisted since I already have 3 of these huge jugs underway.

While I really wanted to purchase a new scent, I just couldn't justify it.

Hope everyone enjoys their goodies.

Love Perlier!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman Your decision is completely understandable.   I was tempted to pass until next year since my bath & shower collection is pretty well stocked and almost all Perlier presently.  Had I not poured the last drop of my 3 liter Snowdrop in September,  I probably would have refrained. Earlier this year I had bought generous sizes of White Honey and Golden Almond which will last a year for me.  Making the case that my purchase was a splurge-- I certainly was in no danger of having nothing to use considering the supply of other stuff in my bathroom.   Woman Wink.