Honored Contributor

Perfume bottle quit spraying

[ Edited ]

I can press the sprayer (Atomizer) down but it sticks...and when it finally works hardly any perfume comes out.  I think it is defective.  I have taken it apart to clean it but I don't think that is the problem...the entire element seems to be defective.  

I tried to take if completely off and wanted to purchase a new piece but I cannot get the part that is attached to the glass bottle off...

any advice, thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Perfume bottle quit spraying

@Mom2Dogs 

Aloha! Are you able to take the little spray top off?  If so, run it through very hot water for a little bit, then put it back on.  That has worked for me; hopefully it might work for you.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  That happen to me once. HSN has Travalo refillable atomizers where you take your perfume atomizer off then pump the liquid into the Travalo. It works! HTH.  HSN also has a video demonstrating how to use it.

Trusted Contributor

I agree about running hot water over the nozzle for several minutes. Sometimes it melts the oil that clogs the spray part.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I agree the hot water route sometimes works. If not, try acetone polish remover on a q tip around the base of the part where it meets the glass. That may dissolve any accumulated sticky perfume or glue used to keep component together. If you get it apart, I'd pour it into another container, even travel perfume sprayers using a small funnel. If the perfume is fairly new, a lot left in bottle, I'd try to return it as defective.