Trusted Contributor

Perfect formula nail TS And ingredients

I quit using nail products due to toxic ingredients and toxic fumes. If you read the ingredient deck on the TS products in this line, you will shudder. My nails grow well, I keep them moisturized with oils and just trim and buff. Once you get away from toxic nail products, you will realize how happy you are not spending hours painting them or spending $$$$ having them done.

OMG the stink of nail polish remover is so overwhelming. I can not believe I used that Years ago and thought I lived a healthy lifestyle!
Honored Contributor

Re: Perfect formula nail TS And ingredients

@June2 wrote:
I quit using nail products due to toxic ingredients and toxic fumes. If you read the ingredient deck on the TS products in this line, you will shudder. My nails grow well, I keep them moisturized with oils and just trim and buff. Once you get away from toxic nail products, you will realize how happy you are not spending hours painting them or spending $$$$ having them done.

OMG the stink of nail polish remover is so overwhelming. I can not believe I used that Years ago and thought I lived a healthy lifestyle!

No, I won't. I'm not drinking or huffing nail polish and I'm not afraid of those ingredients because I know that in small amounts, they're not harmful to me. I love doing my nails.

It's nice that you've found what works for you, but don't presume to decide for everyone else.

Trusted Contributor

I Was not presuming or deciding anything for anyone. I was just sharing what I found to be true for me. How do you know small amounts of toxic cancer causing agents are not harmful for you? Did you read this somewhere?
Honored Contributor

I bought the PF TSV last year. It ruined my nails. Took over 6 months to get them back in good shape. I really love the pink color of the gel coat. The gel coat started peeling & peeled off the top layer of my nails with it. After I removed the gel coat & stopped using the PF my nails continued to peel for a while. I applied it once per week like they said. Actually more then once per week as my nails started peeling before the week was up. Since I have started using Beekman 1802 bath soaps, hand washes, hand cream & cuticle cream my nails are doing really good. I have also been using Andrews HHS&N. Now I just push back my cuticles, file, buff as needed & use Beekman's cuticle cream.

Trusted Contributor

I Think the things we do for "beauty" become so much a part of US that we do love using products not the best for us. Hair color, nail color and acrylics, tanning, cosmetics.... to name a few. I have been a victim of the beauty industry myself. Just in the past 10 years, I have made positive steps in taking care of my health. Just sharing.....not preaching.
Honored Contributor

@June2 wrote:
I Was not presuming or deciding anything for anyone. I was just sharing what I found to be true for me. How do you know small amounts of toxic cancer causing agents are not harmful for you? Did you read this somewhere?

Yes, you can read that in many places and in many scientific journals. Just like MOST things, a little exposure isn't harmful but prolonged exposure to these things or a large exposure in a short time can be harmful. That's basic science.

Here's some information about formaldehyde exposure, for example.: http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/drywall/docs/whatyoushouldknowaboutformaldehyde.pdf

Honored Contributor

I used to do it all.... even had acrylic nails for awhile, I even did them myself for awhile.... the damage I've done to my nail beds has been interesting.  Even today (after 20 years) I still have one nail that when it reaches a certain length, curls under!

Now I keep my nails a decent length, put oil on the cuticles, buff them, keep them clean and don't use anything on them.  They look pretty good.... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

This stuff was horrible for me!  It globs up about half way through the bottle and peels off my nails after a few days. 

Regular Contributor

I work in healthcare, and there's a very good reason medical centers won't let their patient care staff wear any polish on their nails. It can trap dirt and bacteria. It peels. In general, it's unhealthy due to the entrapment and chemicals, and it renders a look that's not conducive to clean patient contact. I keep my nails quite short and clean. They have developed a natural sheen and pink healthy glow now that I've stopped sealing them off with chemicals. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I used to do it all.... even had acrylic nails for awhile, I even did them myself for awhile.... the damage I've done to my nail beds has been interesting.  Even today (after 20 years) I still have one nail that when it reaches a certain length, curls under!

I also had acrylic nails for about three months - they did major damage to my nail beds, and I now have three nails (both ring fingers darn it) that simply cannot and will not grow. I think I've tried everything under the sun and I now agree.  Keeping them natural and without chemical stuff helps.  How I regret using all those things. The pink nail gel (although I love the look) is the worst thing I used - nails begin to peel immediately.