Trusted Contributor

I've used the original pink formula but not any of the colors.  My nails are in decent shape, but I like to use it for the natual look it gives me when i don't want to put color on.  It give them a fresh, bright look.

Honored Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother  I used Perfect Formula for years and then my nails began to dry and split. I left them bare and short for several months using oils. After that, I returned to Sally Hansen Hard As Nails. I now see stronger, healthier nails. I'm thinking the gel formula in the TSV or salon gels dry the nails...air can't get through. 

Respected Contributor

I love the brightening effect, but it didnt help my nails.

Respected Contributor

Wow that's quite a mixed bag of reviews. I appreciate all of the input. My nails have been in terrible shape since I removed the gel manicure I had in October. Never again. Such damage. Might give the Sally Hansen moisture rehab a try. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I tried it a couple of years ago and didn't like. Peeled off easily and didn't help my nails.  I threw it away.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

All I can say is it didn't work for me.  Any oil or cream will lubricate and improve your nails.  Most problems are caused by drying especially in winter when the heat comes on.  The best thing I've found is Sally Hansen Moisture Rehab Strength Treatment.  It will hydrate nails quickly.  Cured my splitting, peeling, breaking.

Is this the Sally product that looks blue in the bottle?  There's so many different types of Sally H. products.

I'm going to try it, just want to make sure I'm trying the right one.  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

You may be dehydrated................

All my life I had bad nails.I got really sick this past June and found out I was dehydrated (among other things)

Who knew???  I was NEVER much of a drinker of anything,water or whatever.......just not thirsty

But what I'm saying is, all my life i had BAD nails and since I am now  trying to drink 30oz of water a day, (uggggg) they grow like magic ,with using no products at all!     Smiley Happy

BTW ,to ans. your question,NO,the product did not work for me.

Honored Contributor

What works best for me is NailTek strengthener.  I use a single coat once a week, after thoroughly removing the previous application.  I find that if I do more than one coat of anything, I end up with peeling nails.  The TSV did work for me when I tried it some time ago.

Respected Contributor

Didn't work for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps they need a vacation from polish remover and polish type products.

Try just oil or rich cream several times a day and all night for a couple of weeks.  They lap up oils.