Respected Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula nail products

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Why do you say that your nails are a lost cause? What's going on with them?

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

They were never great to begin with.  Several years ago, I tried acrylics for awhile.  When I finally stopped, my natural nails were so thin and took a long, long time to grow out.  Once they did, the new nails had lots of ridges, which continue to this day.  I take nail supplements and use a hand cream that's supposed to be good, and my nails never seem to improve or grow beyond my fingertip. Heck, I'd be thrilled if all of them got to fingertip length at the same time!  I'm sure some of that is my being somewhat rough on thrm,I

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

They were never great to begin with.  Several years ago, I tried acrylics for awhile.  When I finally stopped, my natural nails were so thin and took a long, long time to grow out.  Once they did, the new nails had lots of ridges, which continue to this day.  I take nail supplements and use a hand cream that's supposed to be good, and my nails never seem to improve or grow beyond my fingertip. Heck, I'd be thrilled if all of them got to fingertip length at the same time!  I'm sure some of that is my being somewhat rough on thrm,I

My nails are also not great..currently I am using TIPS but they still don't look great.  I have always cared for my nails and cuticles but what ever I did, it made no big difference.  I have never tried the Perfect Formula products. 

I have a friend that has beautiful nails, they look like she has acrylics but does not.  I have never seen her nails look stubby or broken like mine.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother wrote:

@cactusjack wrote:

OMG, this stuff is a miracle! I started using this in April of this year & haven't broken a single nail! Not a single one!! I do dishes by hand in hot water including pots & pans every single day. I use it religiously and reapply a fresh coat each week. I cannot live without this product and will absolutely be crushed if I cannot find this someday. Strangers in stores have stopped me to ask about my nails and tell me it looks so healthy as well as long. I only use the clear and the pink tinted ones. I just don't like the colored polishes because it makes my nails look even longer and just a little over the top, lol. I highly, highly recommend!!

Have you had any issues with it peeling off after a few days 

No, I haven't had any issues with peeling except if you don't make sure to put the polish on absolutely clean dry nails. If you have any lotions or nail treatment potions on your nail and cuticles, no matter how totally absorbed you think it is, I experienced the polish will begin to peel away from from nails. Once you polish your nails you can apply nail or cuticle treatments along with hand lotions to your hearts content and that will not affect the polish's wear what so ever. Hope that helps...:-)

Also, another tip.  Apply only one fairly thick coat. The reason is as this dries down it will begin to look like a thinner coat sitting on your nails.  this is the hardened Polish and although thin looking on your nails it is protecting them. I usually apply another coat 4~5 days after the first coat and let another few days go before removing it all with polish remover and applying a fresh coat for for the next week. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered this particular kit. I’ll see how it is works on my nails. You couldn’t beat the pack up + price w/ free s+h.
Regular Contributor

Wanted to like it but didn't work for me...peeled off within a day.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by this brand. It really works for me. It is also fast drying so it's not an ordeal when you're doing your nails.   

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had any issue with it peeling off. My hands are in quite a bit of water and I'm always doing something with the dogs, gardens, etc. If I'm going to have a hectic week what I do is apply one or two coats of the pink gel  in either pink shade. A day or two later I may apply a coat of "color". I'm good for 7-10 days. I use the ASK brand of nail remover and it all is removed quickly and the nail beds look great.