Contributor

Perfect Formula contains "Formalin" (formaldehyde + water). Any non-formaldehyde nail products out there?

I have been googling formaldehyde-free nail formulas but would love some feedback before buying. Thanks!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula contains "Formalin" (formaldehyde + water). Any non-formaldehyde nail

My podiatrist told me to absolutely NOT use any nail polish that contains formaldehyde and the TSV indeed does. It is a known carcinogen.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula contains "Formalin" (formaldehyde + water). Any non-formaldehyde nail

I wonder why in today's day and age that Perfect Formula still uses formalin (formaldehyde) in their nail polishes? I do like the Pink Coat gel and wonder why some other company doesn't just copy them sans the formaldehyde. The pink tint is something that is very pretty on the nails though.

Honored Contributor

I am totally sold on Sally Hansen Miracle Growth Treatment in the gold bottle, use it as my base coat or just alone.

Esteemed Contributor

I read that Deborah Lippman polish has less toxic chemicals.  Also Treat Collection.  I would not buy Zoya.

Respected Contributor

Nail-Aid has several different products for problem nails. The products are made in USA and certified Leaping bunny cruelty free. Also NO TOLUENE. NO DBP. NO FORMALDEHYDE. NO FORMALDEHYDE RESIN. NO CAMPHOR.

Honored Contributor

@peacefulsoul wrote:

I have been googling formaldehyde-free nail formulas but would love some feedback before buying. Thanks!!

Most polishes are formaldehyde-free now, but many strengtheners do contain formaldehyde because it reacts to the keratin in the nail to make the nail plate stronger. It's good for soft or thin nails.

OPI Nail Envy contains formaldehyde, but the Sensitive version is formaldehyde-free.

Drugstores and beauty supply stores are full of nail strengtheners to choose from, so just check the labels to which ones do or do not contain formaldehyde.