Esteemed Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula Gel Coat

I used PF as directed at least 3 months (until 2 bottles were empty).  My nails weren't any stronger and continued to crack and peel.  But I did like the pinky color.  

The T.I.P.S. nail oil turned my nails an awful brown.  It took almost a year to grow them out to their natural color.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I'm using Zoya Nail Perfecting Kit I bought at Ulta and loving it.  My nails have never been better. 

Honored Contributor

@funinthesun wrote:
Does it turn your nails yellow if kept on too long? I see you have to remove it after a week and reapply. Just very curious about this product. Need stronger nails.

@funinthesun  I’ve had much better luck with the Julep nail hardener. I do find that both brands tend to get dried out/thicken about 2/3 down the bottle and I have to pour the last 1/3 into another bottle of Julep that has room left and hasn’t thickened yet.

Another poster suggested a drugstore hardner that was just as good if not better. 

Honored Contributor

My nails are long and strong, never been in better shape, I use Sally Hansen Miracle Growth treatment, gold bottle, gold top, no need to spend more. I also recommend Sally Hansen 7 in 1 Nail Treatment. I use the first one as my base, second one as my top.

Contributor

When I used it the first time, it turned yellow after a few days,  I threw it out and never again purchased it.

Respected Contributor

I love the stuff. I have hypothyroidism and anemia-both very hard on nails and hair. PF has made a great improvement in my nails. I can usually go about a week, never got more than a few days with a professional mani. No yellowing for me, I especially love how quickly it dries and the fact I only use one coat.

This product is great for a simple classic finished look.