Honored Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula 5 piece gel color collection for nails

I have tried this a few times thinking they had improved the formula. No. Never again.  Color is streaky and did not improve nail condition.

Respected Contributor

OP here.  Just wanted to thank all who posted about this product.  I'll continue my search with those who gave suggestions.

Frequent Contributor

I have purchased this product and, unfortunately, I have never experienced a change or difference in the condition of my nails. I will say that the polish is lovely on my nails. Also, it doesn't last any longer than any other nail polish. 

Esteemed Contributor

Perfect Formula is the only nail polish that works for me. I've used it for years. It can be removed with regular polish remover. (I use A.S.K. brand so ld on QVC) It lasts for 7-10 days for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Brought it a few years ago and nothing worked for my nails.

Respected Contributor

I began using it about 6 months or so ago and my nails began to flake and peel.  Never had that before.  I have stopped and am letting the damage parts fully grow out.  I think it may be the higher amount of keratin in it plus the drying properties of the product that I am reacting to.  The polishes in the kit I have are terrible to apply.  Colors were dull and drab.  

I am presently just using Utopia clear on my nails and I do go without polish for a few days just using cuticle oil to help them recover from the damage.

I used to keep polish on but since this happened I was more concerned about the health of my nails.  I have about 25% left to grow out.  I found hair products with keratin in them do this to my hair even....must be not a good idea topically for me.  

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite , you mention "Utopia" clear - is that the name brand?  And does it help your nails?

TIA

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@tsavorite , you mention "Utopia" clear - is that the name brand?  And does it help your nails?

TIA

Sorry I got the name wrong when I posted!  It's Nailtopia not utopia LOL!  It is a new line I am trying....picked up a top coat called Raspberry Nail Nourishment.  It was $10 and a nice size bottle.  No chipping or flaking.

HTH

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite , thank you.  I'll check it out.

Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Mombo1 , other than you not liking the colors, did you find that it actually helped your nails to grow?  Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~

@HisElk1   I've been using "Duri" "Rejuvacote" ("Nail Growth System") as a base coat(s) for many, many years. 

hmm..   It's only now, that I see "Nail Growth System," on the bottle.   But all along, I believed that I noticed my nails seemed to grow noticeably faster. 

It's been soooo many yrs ago, I dont remember who suggested this to me.. perhaps my then manicurist, 'cause when I was working, I was getting regular manicures, by an absolutely superb manicurist.

Actually, it looks like "Duri Rejuvacote" offers 2 formulas now, (looks like (?newest #2, says "sensitive"). 

I'm assuming I'm using the (#1 regular) Duri Rejuvacote (which I'm guessing was the original).  

(I regularly buy the 6oz bottle, and refill my smaller older bottles). 

So it's up to the reader to decide if they want #1 or #2 formula

"duri Rejuvacote 1 Original Maximum Strength Nail Growth System Base,Top Coat - Treatment, Nail Repair"

"Amz's Choice" .. (2,733 ratings) .. (~ 4.5 rating avg)

HTHs

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .