Respected Contributor

Re: People claim so few wrinkles???

@suzyQ3

thank you for responding.  that is steep for an unproven face cream. 

Respected Contributor

Re: People claim so few wrinkles???

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, so you made me peek. First of all, the website alone would make run away as fast as I can. It is extremely cheesy -- like a gigantic informercial. I had to look elsewhere for an ingredient list. I found it and saw nothing about DNA cells at all. IMO, this is a bunch of hype to sell a very over-priced tube of cream.

Main ingredients:

DMAE: Deanol is the only skin care ingredient that has been able to improve skin firmness from topical application. Just applying Deanol will help stimulate your own natural collagen and help tighten your skin. You can find it as DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) at the bottom of the LifeCell cream box.

Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a top grade skin plumper that is often used in cosmetic injections. With skin care innovations hyaluronic acid can now be used in creams to help plump skin through topical application. Found as Sodium Hyaluronate in the ingredient list of LifeCell.

Retinol (Vitamin A): Retinol is a form of vitamin A. It is mainly used to speed up skin renewal. It can be effective for anything ranging from acne to anti-aging. LifeCell lists 2 forms, Retinol (Vitamin A) and Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate)

Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant. Antioxidants help repel free radicals like pollution and sun damage. Your skin can benefit from this ingredient in many ways. Among them includes anti-aging and skin repair. It’s listed as Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate) in LifeCell’s cream ingredients.

Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10): Ubiquinone is considered a super antioxidant. As mentioned above in the vitamin C section, ubiquinone will help your skin repel skin damage and aging.

Many of us are familiar with the skin care ingredients mentioned above, but LifeCell is also formulated with some exotic ingredients that caught my attention.

Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract: It is an exotic plant from tropical regions like India and Brazil. This extract has fatty acid compounds which help moisturize skin.

Peptides: Peptides often promote collagen production and work as antioxidants. They may be essential for healing and regeneration of the epidermis and help remove damaged collagen.

Actual ingredient list:

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Ethoxydiglycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Peg-40 Stearate, Oxide Reductases, Soy Peptides, Cyclomethicone, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Deanol, Dithiolane-3-Pentanoic Acid, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Idebenone, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Fumed Silica, Silicone Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

A few peptides, inexpensive and unremarkable proteins, and an antioxidant.  DMAE as a raw ingrdient is extremely inexpensive.  I have an 8 oz jar I think I paid under 10.00 for it.  Def not worth a $189 price tag.