Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried this treatment? My husband's opthamologist's office is offering these treatments and I'm thinking of doing it.  It's apparently an infra-red treatment that stimulates the production of collagen, much like the nu-face device, I guess.  

They do a series of treatments one month apart - three is minimum - and the results are supposed to last for 12 to 18 months if not continued.  I'm guessing a 'booster' treatment every so often would keep up the collagen production.  

Just curious if anyone here has experienced this.

Honored Contributor

Is this for collagen in the eye?  What the advantage of having it done?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Pelleve treatments

[ Edited ]

Pelleve is a trademarked name for a radiofrequency procedure done at the professional level. It's similar to Thermage. RF treatments work below the surface where there is heat-induced collagen formation causing skin tightening and wrinkle reduction. RF is often used on the eye areas as well as on the neck. One downside of using RF is that it can cause fat loss if used incorrectly or too often.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for the incomplete explanation!  An esthetician recommended derma rolling for my nose to chin wrinkles and lip lines.(Which seem to have appeared overnight!). Although I know lots of folks here swear by that treatment, I'm not anxious to have my face pierced.  I'm hoping this treatment will help smooth out those areas and I may add in the undereye area and 11 lines as well.  

Silleeme, I'm in the process of losing weight, so there will soon be more wrinkles as the fat disappears from my face already.  Is that the kind of fat loss you mean?  Hey if it works for fat loss, maybe I can have it on my upper thighs as well!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

This sounds like a cosmetic procedure and beyond the realm of opthamology.  I have no respect for medical professionals who try to make a buck by veering off into other fields.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 

Any type of procedure which involves heating up the subsurface skin layers can cause fat loss. Sometimes that might be just what a person is looking to get rid of especially where puffiness around the eyes occurs. But other times the fat loss can lead to a sunken appearance or sometimes uneven skin surface where there are hollow areas where the fat has melted away caused by the the heat of the RF in this case. It's very important to have it done by a trained professional and have them show you credentials and patient results. Just make sure you go to someone who has experience doing RF treatments. 

Years a ago I had a laser facelift which included my eyes and neck. Although laser technology is different from RF, it still involves heat-inducing energy to produce collagen and I was made aware of that when I had it done. Turned out to be one the best things I ever did for my appearance. Today I use microneedles to maintain collagen in my skin and that has been very successful for me.