Honored Contributor

Peeve!!!!! Favorite lip balm discontinued!!!! GRRR! Question!

Well, I know we all go through this.  Every time I get a product I really like, it gets discontinued!  

The latest casualty is Nivea - A Kiss of Color & Care - Sheer Coral - Lip Balm!!!

I have used this stuff for a long, long time and it is just the best I ever found.  The texture is silky and light --- not sticky at all.  I love this particular color.  It is not really a coral -- but a soft kind of carmalized peach or something!

I keep one of these in my drawer at work and apply it whenever my other lipstick dies off and my lips get dry.  It goes well over any lip color or no lip color.  Gives just the right amount of glow to your lips.

I started having trouble finding it and now --- not at all!

I wrote the company and did receive a very nice reply stating --- Yes, we did discontinue it!

Boo-hoo ---- Woman Sad  

So, the search began.  I did find some supposedly still at Walgreen (on-line) and I ordered a bunch.  Will this go bad, you think?  I just couldn't risk not having them -- at all!

It seems like a small thing to get worked up about but when it's something you use every day, all day --- well, it does make you kind of crazy!!!  LOL!!! 

What favorite products have you suffered the loss of lately?

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Peeve!!!!! Favorite lip balm discontinued!!!! GRRR! Question!

It always sucks when a product we love is discontinued  Smiley Sad

You need to get Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm. It is the best I have used.

Good Luck  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

It always sucks when a product we love is discontinued  Smiley Sad

You need to get Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm. It is the best I have used.

Good Luck  Smiley Happy

@CherryHugs

Thanks for commiserating!!!  I am a lip product junkie!  I have more lipsticks, glosses, balms, etc. than I can even count or remember!  But, for one product to stand out like this one --- well, it has to be really great in my eyes!!!!  A hard act to follow!

I try a lot of different stuff --- but I seldom find anything that is a real "keeper."  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I feel your frustration..with me it's usually bras or pants. I find one that I love, really fits well, then *poof* ..it gets discontinued...or worse, they make "improvements" which aren't improvements at all

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Burt's Bees tinted lip balms. I buy pinks and reds. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 Nivea A Kiss of Color & Care Sheer Coral Lip Balm is on eBay. There is one seller that is selling a pack of 3 for $13.50 with Free Shipping, more then 10 available. Also you can put in a Best Offer.

There are others for sale as well, but that seemed to be the best buy. If interested maybe you can take a look. 

Many times when items are discontinued a Top Rated eBay seller has the items.

Respected Contributor

Believe it or not, Chapstick now has some great tinted lip balms in the Total Hydration line. I have Rose Petal and Merlot, very moisturizing with good color payoff and I believe there's a coral color. I get them at Target. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was so sad recently when I found a website that still had some Nature's Gate Lemongrass and Clary Sage lotion, I ordered 2 bottles and then the company e-mailed me and said they made a mistake and didn't have any.  

I haven't been able to find that stuff, and figured it'd been discontinued.  Then I got all excited thinking I could still get some.  Now I'm just sad again.

::sigh::

Image result for sad squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

walgreens online has it

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

That product is 5 out of 10 for bad ingredients on the EWG cosmetic database.  SO is Chapstick

Maybe it is time for you to find a better one anyway  Woman Very Happy

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!