Trusted Contributor

I cannot get a salon pedicure, I just can't stand having someone handling my feet.  I know it's ridiculous, but it's my phobia.  Last one I had was almost 10 years ago and I was in near panic when it was finished.

I keep my feet and pedicures up on my own.  I'm needing some suggestions.  I need to find a product that removes the really dry skin that builds up on my heels and the outsides of my feet.  For a long time I have used a bar called Mr. Pumice.  I think it is being made differently now because it falls apart really easily and only lasts for 2 pedicures.

Esteemed Contributor

Emjoi Micro-Pedi.....wouldn't be without it....I don't go for salon pedicures because I just don't trust how clean they are...ewwww.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pedicure Phobia...

[ Edited ]

Footlogix mousse. No need for pumice or any kind of foot file for me. Not a patch of dry/ crusty skin anywhere on my feet.

I only get a salon pedi about twice a year.

Respected Contributor

Emjoi micro pedi rechargeable callus remover...$69.95 price at Q.

You'll probably find a lower price online.  I've had mine for 3 years,

works great and I love it!  

Respected Contributor

I do my own nails. I am in my 60's. I have had one manicure and one pedicure in my lifetime. Never again. The Emjoi works great IMO.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I hear ya on the salon pedicures. After getting cut I'd rather just do the dirty work myself. I'm okay with manicures though. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse...I got cut too. Never again!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

I cannot get a salon pedicure, I just can't stand having someone handling my feet.  I know it's ridiculous, but it's my phobia.  Last one I had was almost 10 years ago and I was in near panic when it was finished.

I keep my feet and pedicures up on my own.  I'm needing some suggestions.  I need to find a product that removes the really dry skin that builds up on my heels and the outsides of my feet.  For a long time I have used a bar called Mr. Pumice.  I think it is being made differently now because it falls apart really easily and only lasts for 2 pedicures.

@Quinny   I buy 100-grit large emery boards from Sally's.   I think they are for artificial nails, but I use them on my feet.   They are about a buck, and last forever (almost!)....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Pedicure Phobia...

[ Edited ]

My feet are so sensitive and ticklish that it is sheer torture for me.  I had one once when I went with a friend who just raved I had to try one and it was awful!!

I've used the Emjoi and Foot Logic both and would recomend either but the Emjoi is not as messy and less fuss.

Honored Contributor

I started with the Emjoi battery operated, but it took way too long, so I bought the Emjoi corded version from Amazon.

Works so much faster and is much stronger!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.