Honored Contributor

Peach, orange or salmon colored corrector or concealer -- do you use?

I have seen a few of these in stores and also read on line that peach, orange and salmon colored correctors or concealers are the best for dark circles under the eyes.

What do you think?

Also, do you use a corrector first and then concealer?  Seems like a lot to put under the eyes.  I would think the more products you use, the greater chance of it making this area look more lined???

I keep thinking I will try one of these -- maybe the peach color -- since I am so fair.

Just wondered if anyone has experience with these.  Thanks!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Peach, orange or salmon colored corrector or concealer -- do you use?

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I have seen a few of these in stores and also read on line that peach, orange and salmon colored correctors or concealers are the best for dark circles under the eyes.

What do you think?

Also, do you use a corrector first and then concealer?  Seems like a lot to put under the eyes.  I would think the more products you use, the greater chance of it making this area look more lined???

I keep thinking I will try one of these -- maybe the peach color -- since I am so fair.

@AngelPuppy1- you are on the right track with your choice of color.  The way color correcting works is that one selects a color from the color wheel opposite of what they are trying to correct.  The shade or hue is then refined to compliment the user's skintone.  I may be wrong here, but IMO, if you're color correcting I don't think you'd need to conceal.  If the corrector is doing its job, what would there be to conceal?  If you color correct and then apply your foundation, just use the foundation over the corrected area but make sure you blend well.  I've also read that setting or "baking" your undereye area after applying your makeup product(s) will help them prevent the lines from showing.

I don't have a lot of color issues to correct, just a spot or two of broken capillaries but no deep dark circles under the eye or anything like that.  If correcting happens to neutralize those capillaries with a CC cream I'm using, fine, but I don't go out of my way with a correcting palette looking to fix ever little thing before I apply foundation.  I rarely use concealer either, I just don't need it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use NYX dark circle concealer and it is described as orange. I do not use a corrector and apply sunscreen before the concealear. I think the sunscreen  helps the appearance of the dark circles and I do not like applying so many layers and products.

Image result for nyx dark circle concealer

Honored Contributor

Benefit makes one called Boi-ing Brightening Full Cover Correcting Concealer that is a Holy Grail product for me. I use it in #1 (light). The color is a peachy salmon and I wear under any concealer for flawless, no dark circle eyes. If I don't use it, my undereye area looks bad; really bad. Like I'm sick/punched in the eye bad. 

I've tried other correcting concealers and figured out that I need THIS color for the to work: orange, red, blue, green...nothing works like this peachy-salmon shade. Now, as long as it's THIS color I'm good so if Benefit ever stops making it, I move to another brand with a similar shade. (Bobbi Brown makes one).

This can be used alone, btw. On days my eyes aren't so dark, I will. Love the product.

Honored Contributor

I use a color-correcting concealer called Neutralizer by Maybelline Age Rewind. The correcting part is built right in so there's no need for the extra step.Woman Happy

download.jpg

Oh and that sponge-tip applicator...that had to go. It just pulls right off, no problem. I apply mine with a brush.

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

HI 

I have had dark circles practically all my life from heredity and sinus issues . II'm 54 and i'm a light medium skin tone ,usually the second or third range in most foundation brands. In September I had a makeup lesson with  makeup artist Kristen Arnett and she really helped me with my dark cirlces . She used Pacifica Dark Circle Rehab it contains a peachy -salmon color she applied it with a small brush (you can use fingers too) just in my inner corners where its dark .My concealer was applied only at the indentations under my eyes.and lightly over the peach at the inner corners . This made a huge difference for me becasuse no concealer was used directly under my eyes  so it did not draw attention to my fine lines . My eye area does look fresher . I use only cruelty free products , the Pacifica kit has 3 colors peach , lavender/blue and a beige shade its about $14 for the kit . . 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee- I've been wanting to try the Maybelline Age Rewind that you use.  A lot of the You Tubers recommend it.  Glad you mentioned it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

What do you think?

@AngelPuppy1  Hi. Yes, the orange/peach toned correctors do work to lighten dark areas under eyes. The trick is finding one w/ a thin consistency since you do put skin matching concealer over it. 

If you properly hydrate the under eye area, use the corrector sparingly w/ concealer lightly on top, should not have an issue.

If you feel too heavy w/ both or see wrinkles, just use concealer. Corrector should not be worn alone. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have always had dark circles under my eyes. Heredity and allergies, etc. so they never go away. Thes best I can do is conceal them. I have tried so many concealers and "stuff" for my fair and senstive skin but what works for me is Bobbi Brown's CORRECT, CONCEAL  DUO.  I also use the BB setting powder over my face (time permitting). It only takes a minute and a little bit of product. It really works for me.

I have ttried the peach family of colors and they turn yellowish on that area on me. I foiund that a pink or green or lavender works better. Laura Geller's Balance & Brighton in the porcelien works if you have reddness, etc. on your face like I do. If your circles are not dark-dark then you could try this wet with a brush. It works but if you have really dark circles then I would use the BB duo.

Hope this helps you.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 If you are fair, try the pink concealer/corrector over the peach one. I am fair but in the summer I tan so peach corrector is a good choice for me in the summer months. For the rest of year I use the pink concealer.

I do not swipe the wand over the dark circles, but ‘dot’ in 3 places on the actual darkness & blend in. I try to avoid applying it below the lower lash line.

I do use a skin toned concealer on broken capillaries & apply the foundation to my face as my almost final step.

Final step is blush & a light application of highlighter above my cheekbones. Everything should look natural & not overdone. The blush shouldn’t look like 2 circles at the apples of your cheeks or your face is shiny from the highlighter.

ETA: as @Shanus said, apply a thin layer to conceal. I use Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid in Pink or Peach shades. Last year UD came out with a Deep Peach for darker skinned women.

I also use Urban Decay Complete Coverage Concealer in Light/Neutral shade.

All of these are thin in consistency (shake before using) and last a long time in the glass tube.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼