Occasional Contributor

Re: Paula's choice sunscreen SPF 30. Does anyone use it?

Is this the one in the orange tube? If so, YES I use it and I use the entire Paula's choice line for dry skin-LOVE the line, someone on these boards posted regarding the line and once I tried The line I never looked back.
Valued Contributor

Hi hollywoodbeachgoer! No it is in a light blue tube. It is labeled Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense Broad spectrum SPF 30 (with Antioxidants and Resveratrol).

Super Contributor

On 5/11/2014 ednapsych said:
On 5/11/2014 cassiem said:
On 5/11/2014 dimple said:
On 5/11/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I use RESIST Super-Light Daily Defense SPF 30 which works well with my combo/oily skin. I like that it is 13% zinc oxide but is tinted to avoid a whitish cast.

In general, I'm very pleased with PC products. I think they are well-formulated, reasonably priced and well-packaged. The CS is excellent. They once lost a sale.........but not a customer............by answering a question of mine and telling me I DID NOT need the product I was inquiring about. I admire that kind of integrity.

Is the one I am using a physical or chemical?

The sunscreen you're using is chemical. The only physical sunscreen ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

I love this sunscreen, and I love that it has a slight tint which eliminates the white cast. I only use a physical sunscreen. The only active ingredient in the product is zinc oxide. Which is physical. The other ingredients are all inactive. There are a few ingredients, way down that list, that have been linked to chemical sunscreens. The rest of the ingredients are vitamins and products used for slip and tint, etc. I have the question in to customer service at Paula's Choice, asking if the product is physical or chemical. As soon as I hear from them I will post their reply. I am assuming the sunscreen is physical, since the only active ingredient is a physical sunscreen and the chemical ingredients are inactive and way down the list.

Ednapsych, I believe you might be getting confused between the 2 products being discussed. Well, actually 3 products.

1. RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 This has an active ingredient of 13% zinc oxide. Therefore, it is a PHYSICAL sunscreen.

2. Skin balancing ultra sheer daily defense broad spectrum SPF 30 This product is used by dimple. The active ingredients are listed as Active Ingredients: Oxybenzone 4%; Avobenzone 3%; Homosalate 7%; and Octocrylene 2%; (sunscreen agents). Therefore, this is a CHEMICAL SUNSCREEN.

3. Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 50 This sunscreen is intended as appropriate for applying on the body. Yes, it is in the orange tube. Active Ingredients: Homosalate 10%, Oxybenzone 6%, Octisalate 5%, Avobenzone 3%, Octocrylene 2% (all FDA-approved sunscreen ingredients). Therefore, this is a CHEMICAL SUNSCREEN.

hth Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 5/11/2014 hollywoodbeachgoer said: Is this the one in the orange tube? If so, YES I use it and I use the entire Paula's choice line for dry skin-LOVE the line, someone on these boards posted regarding the line and once I tried The line I never looked back.

Hollywood, the product in the orange tube is named Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 50.

Active Ingredients: Homosalate 10%, Oxybenzone 6%, Octisalate 5%, Avobenzone 3%, Octocrylene 2% (all FDA-approved sunscreen ingredients).

These are chemical sunscreens.

I agree with you that PC has a great line!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 5/11/2014 ednapsych said:
On 5/11/2014 cassiem said:
On 5/11/2014 dimple said:
On 5/11/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I use RESIST Super-Light Daily Defense SPF 30 which works well with my combo/oily skin. I like that it is 13% zinc oxide but is tinted to avoid a whitish cast.

In general, I'm very pleased with PC products. I think they are well-formulated, reasonably priced and well-packaged. The CS is excellent. They once lost a sale.........but not a customer............by answering a question of mine and telling me I DID NOT need the product I was inquiring about. I admire that kind of integrity.

Is the one I am using a physical or chemical?

The sunscreen you're using is chemical. The only physical sunscreen ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

I love this sunscreen, and I love that it has a slight tint which eliminates the white cast. I only use a physical sunscreen. The only active ingredient in the product is zinc oxide. Which is physical. The other ingredients are all inactive. There are a few ingredients, way down that list, that have been linked to chemical sunscreens. The rest of the ingredients are vitamins and products used for slip and tint, etc. I have the question in to customer service at Paula's Choice, asking if the product is physical or chemical. As soon as I hear from them I will post their reply. I am assuming the sunscreen is physical, since the only active ingredient is a physical sunscreen and the chemical ingredients are inactive and way down the list.

Ednapsych, see my post below. I believe there is a mix up here between the RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 (tinted moisturizer containing only ZO @13%). This is a PHYSICAL sunscreen.

When dimple says "Is the one I am using a physical or chemical?" she is referring to post #3 where she says she uses the " skin balancing ultra sheer daily defense broad spectrum SPF 30". That product is CHEMICAL.

HTH Smiley Happy

Contributor

I have and ADORE the Hydralight spf 30. It's physical, not chemical. First sunscreen ever that doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin. Lovely formula and great protection.