Regular Contributor

Paula's choice sunscreen SPF 30. Does anyone use it?

How would u compare it to Neutrogena sunscreens with higher SPF?
Super Contributor

Re: Paula's choice sunscreen SPF 30. Does anyone use it?

Dimple, I believe PC has 5 facial products with an spf of 30. Can you be more specific?

Super Contributor

I googles "Is a higher spf more effective and this is a link to an answer from WebMD.com:

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/high-spf-sunscreens-are-they-better

An excerpt (my bold ):

The SPF rating is a measure of the time it would take you to sunburn if you were not wearing sunscreen as opposed to the time it would take with sunscreen on.

"SPF is not a consumer-friendly number," says Florida dermatologist James M. Spencer, MD. "It is logical for someone to think that an SPF of 30 is twice as good as an SPF of 15 and so on. But that is not how it works."

According to Spencer, an SPF 15 product blocks about 94% of UVB rays; an SPF 30 product blocks 97% of UVB rays; and an SPF 45 product blocks about 98% of rays.

"After that, it just gets silly," he says.

Sunscreens with higher SPF ratings block slightly more UVB rays, but none offers 100% protection.

Regular Contributor

I have started using the "" skin balancing ultra sheer daily defense broad spectrum SPF 30"" I like it as it absorbs very nicely and does not leave a white residue like Neutrogena does.
Super Contributor

I use RESIST Super-Light Daily Defense SPF 30 which works well with my combo/oily skin. I like that it is 13% zinc oxide but is tinted to avoid a whitish cast.

In general, I'm very pleased with PC products. I think they are well-formulated, reasonably priced and well-packaged. The CS is excellent. They once lost a sale.........but not a customer............by answering a question of mine and telling me I DID NOT need the product I was inquiring about. I admire that kind of integrity.

Regular Contributor

On 5/11/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I use RESIST Super-Light Daily Defense SPF 30 which works well with my combo/oily skin. I like that it is 13% zinc oxide but is tinted to avoid a whitish cast.

In general, I'm very pleased with PC products. I think they are well-formulated, reasonably priced and well-packaged. The CS is excellent. They once lost a sale.........but not a customer............by answering a question of mine and telling me I DID NOT need the product I was inquiring about. I admire that kind of integrity.

Is the one I am using a physical or chemical?
Super Contributor

On 5/11/2014 dimple said:

The sunscreen you're using is chemical. The only physical sunscreen ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} This is the one I use too. My skin is a little dry so I just put a little moisturizer or oil before the sunscreen and it works great. I love that it is all zinc oxide, has a tint, and works well under makeup.

Contributor

I LOVE PC products. They have simply changed my skin for the better! I use Resist Super light SPF 30 as well. I like it much better than Neutrogena which I used for years. I don't find that it makes my sensitive skin red and it dries to a nice matte finish. I don't think that the tint is enough for me to go without foundation tho. I also use PC Extra Care Non-greasy SPF 50 (in place of the Resist) on my face when I know I'll be outside most of the day. This is a chemical sunscreen so it does make my skin a bit red for several minutes until it calms down. EC SPF 50 isn't quite as matte either.
Valued Contributor

On 5/11/2014 cassiem said:
On 5/11/2014 dimple said:

The sunscreen you're using is chemical. The only physical sunscreen ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

I love this sunscreen, and I love that it has a slight tint which eliminates the white cast. I only use a physical sunscreen. The only active ingredient in the product is zinc oxide. Which is physical. The other ingredients are all inactive. There are a few ingredients, way down that list, that have been linked to chemical sunscreens. The rest of the ingredients are vitamins and products used for slip and tint, etc. I have the question in to customer service at Paula's Choice, asking if the product is physical or chemical. As soon as I hear from them I will post their reply. I am assuming the sunscreen is physical, since the only active ingredient is a physical sunscreen and the chemical ingredients are inactive and way down the list.