Honored Contributor

Paula's choice omega, Coupon code & retailmenot cashback

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried Paula's choice new omega product? Thoughts?

Also, PC has 20% off plus if you go through retailmenot, they have $10 cash back on order of $50 or more (and another $10 off $40 purchase but I cannot verify if that one works)  You can use both the code and cashback and right now you get two free deluxe products on orders over $50 too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's choice omega, Coupon code & retailmenot cashback

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

Has anyone tried Paula's choice new omega product? Thoughts?

Also, PC has 20% off plus if you go through retailmenot, they have $10 cash back on order of $50 or more (and another $10 off $40 purchase but I cannot verify if that one works)  You can use both the code and cashback and right now you get two free deluxe products on orders over $50 too.

Hey, @HappyDaze! Thanks for the heads up on this. I jumped on it. I needed to replenish another item, too, and the PC site let me use two codes (I used another 15% off on the site, bc I wasn't interested in the deluxe size products offered with that code, since I don't prefer them), plus I clicked through for the cash back. Awesome deal!! Thank you!

Honored Contributor

You are welcome my friend @FUTURE Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I am still using it from the preorder and I feel pretty neutral about it. It feels elegant and absorbs into the skin without leaving me greasy. I just don't notice any difference in the look or feel of my skin. Reading the reviews on PC website I see comments how people feel their skin plumped and hydrated instantly or within days from this product and my skin is the same as always. I am going to continue to use it for the unseen benefits it may have for my skin but I don't know that I would repurchase.

Happy Daze I finally got around to opening my PC Fantastic Lash mascara that I got free one time and OMG it is so black without being cakey or flaking. It actually kept my straight lashes up without curling. I went to order backups of this miracle mascara only to find it discontinued. I think I remember you used this and I am curious what your replacement has been.

Honored Contributor

@MissSugarKane thanks for the feedback on the omega product. Yeah, reviews are funny.  I rarely get the results that people claim in reviews. I mean, I get results but not as dramatic as most people see and certainly not instantly or within a day or two or overnight like many claim (which really can't happen for most results). But that may be because they have more severe issues than I have/had? I don't know. But anyway, alot of the reviews talk about how soft and smooth it makes their skin but my skin has been soft and smooth for years so I don't have those concerns. 

Regarding the mascara, it is too bad they are discontinuing it! I loved that one but since they came out with the Endless Lash I love that one even more and have been using that one exclusively for over a year now when it first came out. I can even wear the Endless lash while working out and I work out hard so I sweat alot and it doesn't smear (as long as I don't rub my eyes!). She had a promo recently where you could pick a free makeup item with your order and I got the mascara for free as a back up. Have you tried that one yet?

Regular Contributor

I haven't tried the Endless Lash yet because I have so many mascaras I have bought and need to go through. That is why it took me so long to get to the Fantastic lash. Next time there is some kind of make up promo I will have to pick a tube up. 

I was reading reviews of the BHA 2% lotion last night because my skin is changing and getting drier so I was thinking of trying the lotion instead of the liquid and it looks like the formula was changed and people are very unhappy. It makes me sad to see so many of the longtime products being discontinued or changed. PC is definitely not what it once was Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MissSugarKane wrote:

I haven't tried the Endless Lash yet because I have so many mascaras I have bought and need to go through. That is why it took me so long to get to the Fantastic lash. Next time there is some kind of make up promo I will have to pick a tube up. 

I was reading reviews of the BHA 2% lotion last night because my skin is changing and getting drier so I was thinking of trying the lotion instead of the liquid and it looks like the formula was changed and people are very unhappy. It makes me sad to see so many of the longtime products being discontinued or changed. PC is definitely not what it once was Smiley Sad

@MissSugarKane They had written a blurb about changing the BHA lotion because people had complained apparently that it was too thick and didn't absorb well. So they tried to change it based on all the complaints, which I appreciate it. If they get enough complaints about this one being worse, perhaps they will change it back to their old formula, like they have with other products. I don't know, they can't win! I used to use the lotion but I felt it didn't absorb real well. In fact, I couldn't use it in the summer because it really felt like it was smothering my skin with the heat, etc. So I tended to only use it in the winter months. But I went back to the liquid all the time now. I still have a bottle of the lotion but rarely use it. In fact, I need to just use it up on my feet and be done with it.

My skin is normal to dry and my skin loves moisture and oils but that older formula just didn't sink in well. I have been tempted to try the new formula if it really does absorb better. I've been hoping they'd have it as some of their free sample packets I could choose when I place an order so I can try it out first but so far I haven't seen it.

I don't know, I know many long time users feel like the company is going downhill but I don't really feel that way. I actually love alot of their additions to the line and I appreciate them trying to make their products better based on complaints and then also bringing back some old loves due to customer demand. Hardly anyone does that anymore! The only thing I can say is how their prices have really gone up fairly recently but so has everything else in this world and most of their products, like the liquid BHA, is still a great value considering how long it lasts me. 

I will be utterly devastated in them if they sell out to someone who tests on animals because then I'd have to find a whole new line and I've been using her line for 11+ years and finding a new routine you love as much is no small feat!! I wouldn't even know where to begin since so many products contain ingredients I avoid. But I don't want to think about that right now....lol. 

Regular Contributor

I agree the old lotion did just sit on the face but it didn't bother me because I just made sure to really rub it in. The new version had some of the good ingredients like squalene removed and silicones (which break me out) added.People report the new lotion version is drying so there is no point in me switching from the liquid. I wish some other companies would get it together and make some well formulated BHA products, there needs to me be more options on the market.