Respected Contributor

Paula's Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment - anything similar but less expensive?

I've used 2 full bottles of this and notice some changes, nothing earth shattering but I would say it hasn't done anything horrible or even caused dryness at all.

Just went to re-order and just can't stand the full price, I normally ALWAYS get it on sale or I don't buy it.  Just got me thinking....is there something else similar but less expensive out there?

Any suggestions?   TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment - anything similar but less expensive?

@SandGirl wrote:

I've used 2 full bottles of this and notice some changes, nothing earth shattering but I would say it hasn't done anything horrible or even caused dryness at all.

Just went to re-order and just can't stand the full price, I normally ALWAYS get it on sale or I don't buy it.  Just got me thinking....is there something else similar but less expensive out there?

Any suggestions?   TIA!

wow you've already went through TWO bottles? Didn't it just come out beginning of July? So basically one bottle lasts you only a month. Can you tell me how much you use a day? TIA!

I don't know of anything else similar but I think the new sale starts tomorrow. Plus google coupon codes- there are at least two out there for 20% off and one is 20% off one item and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment - anything similar but less expensive?

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

Any suggestions?   TIA!

wow you've already went through TWO bottles? Didn't it just come out beginning of July? So basically one bottle lasts you only a month. Can you tell me how much you use a day? TIA!

I don't know of anything else similar but I think the new sale starts tomorrow. Plus google coupon codes- there are at least two out there for 20% off and one is 20% off one item and free shipping.

The one in the purple container? It came out sometime last year, I only use it about 3 nights a week and I would say 1 bottle last me 3 months at least if I am consistant, sometimes I forget to cocktail it in so some weeks only once or twice. It's the one in the purple container (not the booster) she came out with the 1% sometime early last year. Befor that I was using her Retinol in the silver bottle (sorry, can't remember the name) it was more of a clear serum, the one in the purple is more of a light cream texture.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

Any suggestions?   TIA!

The one in the purple container? It came out sometime last year, I only use it about 3 nights a week and I would say 1 bottle last me 3 months at least if I am consistant, sometimes I forget to cocktail it in so some weeks only once or twice. It's the one in the purple container (not the booster) she came out with the 1% sometime early last year. Befor that I was using her Retinol in the silver bottle (sorry, can't remember the name) it was more of a clear serum, the one in the purple is more of a light cream texture.

oh oops sorry, Sandgirl, I thought you meant the booster. Whew! I was going to say that that IS alot of money if you go through it that fast, lol! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If you want real results, you should see a dermatologist and get a prescription for real Retin-A.  Get a coupon from GoodRx to reduce the cost.  It might be a  little more on the front end than what you're used to paying for the PC Retinol, but a lot less over the year.  I filled my prescription for 0.1% Tretinoin, which is generic Retin-A, last Nov. 8th and probably still have enough in the tube to get me at least to the middle of October, using it 2-3 times a week.  That was a 45 gram tube and it cost me $65.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

If you want real results, you should see a dermatologist and get a prescription for real Retin-A.  Get a coupon from GoodRx to reduce the cost.  It might be a  little more on the front end than what you're used to paying for the PC Retinol, but a lot less over the year.  I filled my prescription for 0.1% Tretinoin, which is generic Retin-A, last Nov. 8th and probably still have enough in the tube to get me at least to the middle of October, using it 2-3 times a week.  That was a 45 gram tube and it cost me $65.  

And if 0.1% is too harsh there are lower doses available. 

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

And if 0.1% is too harsh there are lower doses available. 

Yes, that's true.  I've only ever use the 0.1%, so I don't know if the cost would be less with a lesser strength.  

Respected Contributor

I have often thought about finding a dermatoligist in my area to go to but I've always got "good enough" results from skin care I've found either at Nordstrom, Sephora or Dept Stores that I haven't felt the need to venture out to a derm........yet!

I am 43 and I am just now starting to see deeper wrinkles that I've never had before, 99% of the few I have on on the side of my face I sleep on, I am trying SO HARD to sleep on my back but each time I wake up I am on my side and since I usually have issues sleeping, by then I am jsut thankful that I was even alseep Smiley Happy  lol