Honored Contributor

@Squirt60 wrote:

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. I really appreciate your help.

happy new year to all.

I buy Paula's facial cleansers and I'm loyal as a Labrador.  She won me over years ago when I had subscribed to Beautypedia (yes, there was a time it wasn't free) and then suddenly she announced that I didn't need a subscription.

I was annoyed because I'd just paid for one.  But Paula contacted the subscribers and offered a choice: A refund or an opportunity to put that refund towards one of her products.  I bit and tried her products.

Smart woman, that Paula.  I admire the way she does business.  Great customer service, fast delivery and consistent quality.

I live in the high desert and I'm 57.  I use her Skin Recovery cleanser and a bottle lasts a good long time.  When it's on sale, I'll stock three and I'm set.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I know what NOT to recommend...PC Resist Skin Firming Line Minimizer. Went through two vials of it,  saw absolutely no changes whatsoever and evidently others agree with me according to the reviews of this product. OTOH, I love her 1% retinol. Been using it for almost a year and my skin looks good. I would recommend it.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I know what NOT to recommend...PC Resist Skin Firming Line Minimizer. Went through two vials of it,  saw absolutely no changes whatsoever and evidently others agree with me according to the reviews of this product. OTOH, I love her 1% retinol. Been using it for almost a year and my skin looks good. I would recommend it.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee...agreed. As much as I ❤ Paula's products, this did nothing for me. However, I don't have noticeable lines, so maybe that's why. It's still my favorite line because she had so many other products I ❤!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Squirt60...I'm fairly new (since August, 2016) to Paula's Choice products and love them!  I use the Resist Line for Normal/Dry skin.  I order directly from her site because she always has sales, plus free shipping; therefore,I spend less through her site than I do ordering through QVC (QVC's shipping cost to HI is horrendous).  Oftentimes when I check the price on QVC vs. her website they are the exact same anyway.  When I order from Paula's site I get my products within 2 or 3 days max...super fast!  It's normally 7 to 10 days from QVC, and their standard shipping charge is approx. $13.

I'm starting to add a few treatment products to my daily/nightly regime and really love the results.  I'm 50, have always taken excellent care of my skin (I went to work for Estee Lauder at 19 and so began my anti-aging skin care routine...at 19!), so I have no issues...only those that are noticeable to me using my 10x make-up mirror.

You should give it a try.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!  Aloha!

@SurferWife , if you see this would you please tell me how you protect your skin from the sun, whether or not it is PC. Your skin in the photo looks lovely AND you live in sunny Hawaii !!!
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG...thank you! I use PC's Resist moisturizer SPF 25 during the day from forehead to décolleté as well as wear IT Cosmetics CC Cream SPF 50 - for daily incidental sun exposure. On days when I'm going to be on the beach I use an SPF 100 from forehead to décolleté, and an SPF 50 on the rest of my body. The older I get the less I'm concerned about having a year-long "look like I've been on vacation" tan.

I ❤the ☀️ but I try to be smart about my exposure.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor
@SurferWife Thank you! I have a friend who lives in Florida, and she also uses a moisturizer with SPF and the IT cc with the SPF 50. (Right now it's snowing outside my house, but I believe sun protection is a vital part of skincare and I appreciate hearing from the "experts".)
Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor
Just a warning the PC resist moisturizer in the the dark blue tube with SPF is very sticky. It's the only thing from her line I have tried and didn't like.
Regular Contributor

I do like Paula's choice products and have been using her resist toner, skin recoverymask as a moisturizer, the 2% bha and assorted other products over the years. I  was initially drawn to her line because of quality ingredients for the PRICE but she has just increased and increased her prices so that now I often find her products are more expensive than the ones her beautipedia ( when she was a part of) site were criticical of for their prices. So I use rx retin a, homemade vitamin c, dollar shave club repair serum and assorted moisturizers now. It unfortunate that her prices have gotten so high in my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice

[ Edited ]

@Birdwatchergirl wrote:

I do like Paula's choice products and have been using her resist toner, skin recoverymask as a moisturizer, the 2% bha and assorted other products over the years. I  was initially drawn to her line because of quality ingredients for the PRICE but she has just increased and increased her prices so that now I often find her products are more expensive than the ones her beautipedia ( when she was a part of) site were criticical of for their prices. So I use rx retin a, homemade vitamin c, dollar shave club repair serum and assorted moisturizers now. It unfortunate that her prices have gotten so high in my opinion. 

I, too, am very disappointed with her price increase. I noticed a 2 oz sunscreen was $33.00. It has been over  a year since I ordered and no longer have any of her products.

Super Contributor

I'm also disappointed in the price increase, her lip and body treatment balm was $12 and is now up to $15. That's crazy. I still bought it because I can't find anything I like better.