Frequent Contributor

I am interested in trying her products but not sure where to start. I am 57 with pretty good skin and hardly any wrinkles at all. I am interested in what to use during the day. Also has anyone ordered directly from her website? How are the products shipped? Ups or mail?

Thank you for your help.

Respected Contributor

@Squirt60

The only thing of hers that I've tried so far (and it's my HG desert island product) is her BHA 2% liquid.  I didn't get it from her website because it was a lot cheaper to buy it from the Q.

Trusted Contributor

I've used her products since 1995.  I love her serums, Wrinkle Retinol Repair, 2% BHA and moisturizers.  Her prices have gone up in the last few years, so I don't purchase her cleansers or toners.  I mainly purchase from her website (sign up for her email and you will get offered specials, i.e., free shipping, 15 or 20%.)  I would suggest contacting customer service to get advice on what skin care products for your skin.  If you ask, they might send you free samples.  I'm dry/sensitive and mainly use her Resist line.

Trusted Contributor

Forgot to say, they are shipped by the post office.

Esteemed Contributor
It depends on what you order and where you live as to how they are shipped. I have had big orders Coke UPS and samples come ups innovations.

I would start with the resist line. Do you have normal to oily or normal to dry. They have products within the resist line for both. I use the normal to dry. I would start with a resist toner. Then get a aha. They have one for daily use and one you use once a week. Then get a resist superantioxident serum. I do not reccomend the resist moisturizer in the dark blue tube with SPF. I would stick to one you already like.

At night I use the wrinkle defense with retinol. Then use the resist moisture barrier moosturizer.

I also use the cleanser in the morning but I don't think that is neccesary. The toner is great after you cleanse morning and night. It's not like most toners. If plumps your skin. I would start by getting a bunch of samples because they are cheap. It will give you a way to see if you like the texture and how it feels. My skin has never looked better.
Regular Contributor

@Squirt60. I use the Radiant Skin Collection.  I did order it from Q when it was a TSV.  When I received my Nov/Dec. shipment, my box was "leaking" and an item was missing so I had to return.  I then ordered the kit from Paula's Choice website when it was on sale.  With Paula's website, it came in the mail, no problems with packaging or billing.  However, I only ordered directly from her once. But would return again.

I have horrible skin and I have used 2 of the Radiant Skin Collection ( 6 mths worth approx) and my skin looks so much better.  I didn't know how well it was really working until I ran out.  Yikes, my face could derail a train.  I do not want to be without it and there are very few products I say that about. 

I hope you like it. A word to the wise: whenever you get a "leaking" box, it's never a good sign. LOL.

Honored Contributor

If you contact Paula's Choice customer service, they are great about helping people decide which products to start with.  They do have samples (good for a couple of applications apiece) and smaller sets.  Also, if you order something that doesn't work for you, you can send back what you haven't used for a full refund.  Check out the website because they do describe all the products thoroughly and have suggestions for what to use given any particular skin concerns you may have.

Most of my orders come via USPS in a few days.  But orders over $300 will come UPS with signature required, at least they did a few years ago.

And yes, if you sign up for their emails, they often have sales of up to 25%off.  But if you don't want to do that, if you check their website often, sometimes the sales are available to everyone. In fact, they usually have some sort of sale on any number of products going on all the time.  Sometimes it's for everything, other times it's a sale for specific products.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. I really appreciate your help.

happy new year to all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice

[ Edited ]

@Squirt60...I'm fairly new (since August, 2016) to Paula's Choice products and love them!  I use the Resist Line for Normal/Dry skin.  I order directly from her site because she always has sales, plus free shipping; therefore,I spend less through her site than I do ordering through QVC (QVC's shipping cost to HI is horrendous).  Oftentimes when I check the price on QVC vs. her website they are the exact same anyway.  When I order from Paula's site I get my products within 2 or 3 days max...super fast!  It's normally 7 to 10 days from QVC, and their standard shipping charge is approx. $13.

I'm starting to add a few treatment products to my daily/nightly regime and really love the results.  I'm 50, have always taken excellent care of my skin (I went to work for Estee Lauder at 19 and so began my anti-aging skin care routine...at 19!), so I have no issues...only those that are noticeable to me using my 10x make-up mirror.

You should give it a try.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!  Aloha!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I would consult Paula's Choice directly.  When they became a company I got hooked on the 8% AHA- gave my skin such a glow & the only PC product I used for quite some time.  That's expanded to  2% BHA once a week,  Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster, Resist Skin Firming Line Minimizer, Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster.. and I think that's that current list I use regularly.  I've used her Vit C Booster in the past, but found one I like a little better, plus a few other products I no longer use.  I've never been into her cleansers or cream moisturizers but I still use her original AHA which started it all... that glow.   Really, we're all so different a consult is the way to go.  They will probably send you samples like others mentioned too.