Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice!

[ Edited ]

I think I am a convert to this line and want to thank those here who have recommended it.

I actually saw Paula on a QVC show one day several months ago and was very impressed with her skin and that, coupled with the reviews here, made me decide to order.

I started with the BHA 2% Liquid and started noticing some clarification within a few weeks.  And my skin was much happier with this product than with any other acid type product that I'd used.

Then I orderd the Clinical Retinol 1% (with reservations as my skin HATED any retinoid product that I'd already tried).  I started slowly, 3x per week, and backed off when my skin got too red.  Now, after a few months, I am using it daily with no redness issues whatsoever.  I am just seeing decreases in fine lines and and increase in firmness and clarity.

I am just so pleased with these 2 products and just ordered more. (From Paula's Choice website as the price came out a bit lower, plus I got several samples).

Thank you to all who have recommended these products!

Esteemed Contributor

Like you, I gradually increased Paula's Retinol until I could use it every day.  I am finally using sunscreen every day, a must with Retinol.  I do see real improvement in my skin, and I would recommend anyone to try it.  So glad it is working for you, too!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Like you, I gradually increased Paula's Retinol until I could use it every day.  I am finally using sunscreen every day, a must with Retinol.  I do see real improvement in my skin, and I would recommend anyone to try it.  So glad it is working for you, too!

Yes, I use a sunscreen every day, rain or shine!!!  And when I wear foundation it's one with an SPF 30 too.

I am using less products now that I've switched to Paula's line.  It kind of makes me laugh when I think about all the skin care products I was using at one time which made big claims but did very little!

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Paula Choice's products since 1995 when I first heard about her.  She didn't have very many products in her line, but eventually she kept adding.  Some don't work for me, i.e. skin brightening treatment.  Unfortunately, some of her products have gone up so much in price.  The dark spot eraser used to be 2 oz, now it's 1 oz and a few dollars higher than it used to be.  I loved her cleaners with a pump, worked much better than a hole in the spout.  I always wait for sales and free shipping.  I do love the BHA's and retinol serums.  A lot of her products have been discontinued, i.e. sunscreen lotion.  I love her customer service!  I received the gel cleanser and the lid broke off.  They sent me a new one free of charge.  Once I got double of the product and I let them know.  They said to keep it.  I did write a review for their website on the hyaluronic acid saying I could not get the pump to work even with the instructions they emailed me, also it was too sticky so I gave it a one star because of that.  They didn't post it!  I thought that was wrong.

Honored Contributor

I use Paula's retinol, too. Love it. 

Her 2% sal solution is good. I've been alternating using this product and Stridex max. IMHO I can't tell the difference between the two. My skin looks good with either one, so I might ditch Paula's sal altogether. BTW, both have 2% sal and both are alcohol-free.

Respected Contributor

I preordered her TSV and just got it.  I used it for the first time yesterday and really like it. My skin instantly looked brighter.

Honored Contributor

I will continue using Josie Maran's 30 SPF Sunscreen/Moisturizer as that works great for me.  And I use her argan oil over the Retinol at night.  And then the BHA 2% in the morning.

So far so good!!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use Paula's retinol, too. Love it. 

Her 2% sal solution is good. I've been alternating using this product and Stridex max. IMHO I can't tell the difference between the two. My skin looks good with either one, so I might ditch Paula's sal altogether. BTW, both have 2% sal and both are alcohol-free.

That's good to know SilleeMee.  I've never used Stridex.  I think my skiin just likes the sal.  It never liked the AHAs.

And alcohol is a total no!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot yayy so glad you are happy with the products you tried! I totally agree with you about her BHA products. I have stuck with them for over 10 years now- the longest I've ever stuck with a skincare product! It just.works.!

Over the years I've tried many of her other products and some worked for me and some didn't but my skincare routine is now almost exclusive to her products. The only thing I am not using is her cleansers. I used to use one of her facial cleansers several years ago but then my skin changed (a bit sensitive and became drier) and it became a bit too drying for my skin.

Her Customer service is still one of the best out there and has been consistently amazing for all these years which is surprising for a company when it grows as much as hers has. I definitely have noticed some changes but they aren't terrible changes and normal for the industry, just not as generous as they used to be and prices have gone up over the past few years (same with everything else though!).  Can't fault them for that though as I was always amazed how generous they were and knew they couldn't possibly sustain that once the company grew larger.

I must say that I like to try new things in other aspects of my beauty products (body lotions/butters, makeup, hair products, etc) but the one thing I have stuck with long-term is her products for skincare and am not even tempted by other brands to try. That is a huge testament to how I feel about how well her products work for me.  I may switch out a product or two as my skin's needs change but it has always been her products that I've found a substitute for as I know I can count on her products to work for my skin and to see improvement in my skin.

Anyway, not meaning to sound like an ad for the company but I am always amazed, even after all these years, how well her skincare fits my needs and still at a reasonable price, especially for as long as the products last.

Here is to continued improvement of your skin! Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm happy it works for you ladies. it's always good to find a product that actually works. 

sad to say it does nothing for me, so I've stopped buying it. 😕