Frequent Contributor

This is a terrific price for her TSV. I can't use the BHA (allergic to Aspirin) sure wish she give us the option between BHA or AHA

Frequent Contributor

Paula's Choice did not work for me.  Her serums are heavy on the silicone.  Both her original and Resist serums gave me perioral dermatitis that took awhile to heal and restore my barrier. 

Her AHA's were fine but nothing to write home about.  Her Vitamin C serum did not improve my skin like Skinceuticals C&E Ferulic did.  

I loved her moisturizers.   Hated the cleansers.  I used to love her sunscreens until I discovered Korean sunscreens and was blown away by their superiority.  

Frequent Contributor

I also tried her hydroquinone 2% product for hyperpigmentation and dark spots.  I used the first container and actually rebought thinking it would require a longer period of time to work.  Nope.  Did nothing.

Obagi NuDerm, on the other hand, was amazing.  That stuff cleared up sun damage and spots like nobody's business. It even got rid of a beauty mark I had on my nose since childhood.  Of course, the NuDerm system does have it's side effects you have to power through but if you're willing to do that, wow, makeup optional skin!

Respected Contributor

I got her 1% retinol a few months ago and had a terrible reaction to it even though I wasn't using it daily.  It made my face peel and even swell, so I decided to put it on my arms because the 30-day return time was up.  Well, I got flesh-colored small bumps all over my arms where I'd put it.  I don't know what's in that, but I've never had a rash from retinol before.  I called QVC and told them that I simply could not use the product anywhere on my body.  They were good enough to let me return it.

This doesn't seem to be anywhere near a typical reaction for people, but it makes me afraid to use some of her other products. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms X,

Sorry about your terrible reaction. I get acne-like bumps on my face with her 1% ret. I am very sensitive to cones...they make me break out. Wish Paula would stop putting them in her products. I still use the retinol but I back off once the bumps appear. After the bumps go away my skin looks really good. So I decided to keep using using it.

Do you think you may have a problem with cones?...silicone, dimethicone...anything that has "-cone" at the end of the word.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ms X,

Sorry about your terrible reaction. I get acne-like bumps on my face with her 1% ret. I am very sensitive to cones...they make me break out. Wish Paula would stop putting them in her products. I still use the retinol but I back off once the bumps appear. After the bumps go away my skin looks really good. So I decided to keep using using it.

Do you think you may have a problem with cones?...silicone, dimethicone...anything that has "-cone" at the end of the word.

Thanks for the advice, @SilleeMee.  I've never had a reaction like that, so I doubt it if these cones are in a lot of other products. 

Regular Contributor
This is a great deal. And all products I love!!!! I want pre sale!!!!!
Occasional Contributor

Based on some of her early review work and a rather nasty email exchange with her... I would never purchase anything this woman puts her name on.  Just my personal opinion.  I know that others like her products and general philosophy.

Obagi's products have a 4% hydroquinone, which can't be sold over the counter.  Some people need a 4% while others can have dramatic results with a 2%.  

And it's never good to "power through."  Any kind of irrtation is bad so says my dermatologist.  Learning to build a tolerance with retin-a can be impossible for some of us.