Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@QueenDanceALot yayy so glad you are happy with the products you tried! I totally agree with you about her BHA products. I have stuck with them for over 10 years now- the longest I've ever stuck with a skincare product! It just.works.!

Over the years I've tried many of her other products and some worked for me and some didn't but my skincare routine is now almost exclusive to her products. The only thing I am not using is her cleansers. I used to use one of her facial cleansers several years ago but then my skin changed (a bit sensitive and became drier) and it became a bit too drying for my skin.

Her Customer service is still one of the best out there and has been consistently amazing for all these years which is surprising for a company when it grows as much as hers has. I definitely have noticed some changes but they aren't terrible changes and normal for the industry, just not as generous as they used to be and prices have gone up over the past few years (same with everything else though!).  Can't fault them for that though as I was always amazed how generous they were and knew they couldn't possibly sustain that once the company grew larger.

I must say that I like to try new things in other aspects of my beauty products (body lotions/butters, makeup, hair products, etc) but the one thing I have stuck with long-term is her products for skincare and am not even tempted by other brands to try. That is a huge testament to how I feel about how well her products work for me.  I may switch out a product or two as my skin's needs change but it has always been her products that I've found a substitute for as I know I can count on her products to work for my skin and to see improvement in my skin.

Anyway, not meaning to sound like an ad for the company but I am always amazed, even after all these years, how well her skincare fits my needs and still at a reasonable price, especially for as long as the products last.

Here is to continued improvement of your skin! Cat Happy

Thanks, HappyDaze!

I think the BHA liquid and the Retinol will be mainstays. 

I still like to use the Borghese masks and JM's argan oil but that's it.

I have a lot of old stuff to throw away now.  Jars and bottles of useless junk.

You live and you learn (well, hopefully!)

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use Paula's retinol, too. Love it. 

Her 2% sal solution is good. I've been alternating using this product and Stridex max. IMHO I can't tell the difference between the two. My skin looks good with either one, so I might ditch Paula's sal altogether. BTW, both have 2% sal and both are alcohol-free.

That's good to know SilleeMee.  I've never used Stridex.  I think my skiin just likes the sal.  It never liked the AHAs.

And alcohol is a total no!

Alcohol and Menthol are both a total no and I know the Stridex uses menthol in their products. Kind of weird you are trying to do all this good for your skin and then add in menthol which is an irrtant and damaging? Plus  PC have extra ingredients in them that are good for your skin besides just the BHA.

I can't seem to get AHAs to work for my skin either, even PCs. But I also don't have sun damage so not really sure I'd even need AHAs. AHAs just make my skin flakey regardless of strength and how often/little I use them. Again, I think they are just too harsh for my skin and I don't need that serious of a chemical exfoliator since I don't have sun damage of any kind.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Thanks, HappyDaze!

I think the BHA liquid and the Retinol will be mainstays. 

I still like to use the Borghese masks and JM's argan oil but that's it.

I have a lot of old stuff to throw away now.  Jars and bottles of useless junk.

You live and you learn (well, hopefully!)

@QueenDanceALot you make a good point about streamlining your routine now too. I laugh at all the products I used to try and used prior to finding PCs. It is so freeing to find just a few multi-tasking items that actually work and address all your needs. I just don't have the time or patience anymore to spend a long time on my skincare routine (and haircare routine!). I know some enjoy the experience but I know personally if it is too long and cumbersome, I will often just not do it and that is never good, lol!

Contributor

The 365 Self Tanning Concentrate is the only Paula's Choice product I have so far.  It produces a nice color and is easy to apply, but it stinks! Tan-Luxe is a better but pricier alternative if u like the cocktail method. 

Super Contributor

I used to not care about her line at all but over the last two years, I slowly introduced some into a sporadic roation and now am really enjoying a handful of them. The Resist 2% BHA is fantastic on my combination skin as is teh 1% Retinol, Retinol Booster, Resiste Balancing Cleanser for combo skin, Hyaluronic Acid Booster and now the new Niacinamide.

I think the direction of the brand became more focused and competitive in the marketplace. Some of her products are really superb. I just refuse to live by her reviews of other brands/products. Many of what she rates as poor does wonders for me.

Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice has a TSV coming up this month that is a fantastic deal - and they will have auto-delivery.

Super Contributor

I too love PC products! I use Her 1 or 2% BHA daily. The Resist Ultra Light Serum is always the second step in my daily routine. I already ordered and received the upcoming TSV so I alternate the Clinical 1% Retinol with the one that came in the TSV. Everything that I have tried seems to work well for my sensitive skin. I hope she has at least one more TSV this year! Great way to save money and have nice skin!

Frequent Contributor
@HappyDaze I couldn't have said it better!! You described this PERFECT!!
Frequent Contributor
@HappyDaze I feel exactly like you. Paula's Choice has saved my skin...not to mention my pocket book. It's not cheap...but considering the amount of money I have spent trying out tons of different products it has been well worth it. I have tried almost every product that QVC sells and since I've found PC I feel like I have FINALLY found what I've been looking for. I purchased the PC set several months ago. I could tell a difference the next day. I have since went to her website and have many of her skin products and gotten on an excellent regimen. I have tried a couple that didn't work for me...but her customer service is EXCELLENT. They advised what to change. I am 59 ...have extremely dry, sensitive skin. It has NEVER looked an felt any better. I love all the information that can be researched on her web. I'm really surprised that QVC doesn't promote her products more than the do. I seen where they will be having a PC TSV in July. That TSV is an EXCELLENT price.
Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I preordered her TSV and just got it.  I used it for the first time yesterday and really like it. My skin instantly looked brighter.

I received the insider and may also order the tsv soon.