Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice sales items

On 8/17/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/17/2014 BellaCarro said:
I realize this BB is low on the priority totem pole but do give a quick post when you feel up to it. I, and others I'm sure, will be thinking about you and anxious for your return.

I will for sure. I like being on the BB because it distracts me from things I don't want to think about, like pain, lol! Hopefully there won't be much of that though. Smiley Happy

I once had a doc fuss at me for trying to soldier through post op pain with little of the pain meds. Told me not taking it as prescribed would actually prolong my recovery not the opposite as I had thought. Can't remember the specifics but along the lines of a stress hormone released by effects of pain that slows down healing{#emotions_dlg.scared}. So, don't be afraid to take it if needed.

And, oh yeah, I've often used this BB as a much needed distraction. We've been through some tough DS issues this past year. Things are looking up (cautious optimism) but I needed the diversion of mascara, e/s, Vit C serums… and for the most part, light hearted banter and friendly posters. Funny, we often don't know how we help others even on something as light and faceless as a BB.

Super Contributor

Good luck to you both! I hope you both recover quickly and then go on to have great outcomes!

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 sun8shine said:

Good luck to you both! I hope you both recover quickly and then go on to have great outcomes!

thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 BellaCarro said:

I once had a doc fuss at me for trying to soldier through post op pain with little of the pain meds. Told me not taking it as prescribed would actually prolong my recovery not the opposite as I had thought. Can't remember the specifics but along the lines of a stress hormone released by effects of pain that slows down healing{#emotions_dlg.scared}. So, don't be afraid to take it if needed.

And, oh yeah, I've often used this BB as a much needed distraction. We've been through some tough DS issues this past year. Things are looking up (cautious optimism) but I needed the diversion of mascara, e/s, Vit C serums… and for the most part, light hearted banter and friendly posters. Funny, we often don't know how we help others even on something as light and faceless as a BB.

haha you sound like me- I HATE taking pain meds and often try to tough it out but there is some truth to what that doc said and you really do need to manage pain at least for the first few days, so your body can focus its' energy towards healing.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your son. I pray that all turns around. It sounds like it is starting to so I pray for continued positive changes!

And you are right, something so simple like the BB really does help in many ways that people don't realize. It is easy for me to get lost in beauty talk and get a reprieve from stress and the "real" world, if only for a few minutes out of the day. That is why when things keep going back and forth on some issues, I bow out because I really don't want to debate silly beauty things with people on here- I do enough debating in my professional life, lol, that I certainly don't need it on something that is suppose to be fun. Smile