Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice reviews on Devita products- similar to 100% pure, label not following FDA regulations

On 3/14/2014 myshell624 said:
On 3/14/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/14/2014 myshell624 said:
On 3/13/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/13/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 3/13/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Thanks, HappyDaze. I agree with you -- and applaud your courage. Wink

Thanks suzy. I know we don't always agree about everything but I appreciate you always being respectful in your responses (not saying anyone here is not!!). I know you know how it feels to have your posts be misconstrued. Wink I actually thought there have been some really good conversations about products and ingredients lately and I've been given alot of food for thought from many ladies.

I'll just let that "wink" of mine speak for itself at this point.

O/T: I hope all is well with you. And btw, speaking of PC, I have been playing with the matte palette and enjoying it more and more. Also, I received the BHA 4% foam a few days ago. I used it the first night and had no irritation or extra dryness. I liked how my skin felt that next morning. But I'm going to use it just once a week for a bit until I'm sure. In between, I am having luck with the 2% body one on my face.

Hahaha...wow, did I just ramble or what? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I used my BHA foam for the first time tonight and didn't have any irritation either. I think I am going to start with every other night to see how my skin responds. Sorry my reply is OT as well.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Do remember that it is time-released. It is fairly strong, so just watch for any uncomfortable dryness.

Thanks for the tip. So far I have had it on for a couple of hours and my skin still feels hydrated and soft. If I do get any dryness, I have some ISOMERS copper p and h pur. They both help add moisture so I will try adding them in on nights I use it.

I owe you a big THANK YOU for suggesting the Paula's Choice Retinol serum. I have followed Paula for years (way back to when her new reviews came in the mail like little newspapers) but never used her products. I am so happy I gave them a try. I have not been disappointed with anything I have purchased.Smile

You're very welcome, myshell624.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice reviews on Devita products- similar to 100% pure, label not following FDA regulations

lol, yes that makes sense! Smiley Happy I didn't start to experience dryness with the body product until several uses (maybe even a few weeks)? It seemed like it was slow coming on, which was surprising because most of the time if something will dry me it it will be fairly quick, like after a few uses. I use it on my body now before my lotion just to use it up and i have had no issues with it on my body.

Please keep me updated on your use of the foam too! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

On 3/13/2014 Rottiegrl said: I don't know Paula, so likeing her has no bearing on my opinion. I don't trust any one single source for information, just because one site makes a statement that labels aren't meeting FDA regs doesn't make it true. What it should do is cause the user to do their own due diligence. That, I think, was the purpose of the OP's original post. We each have to be satisfied what we are putting on/in our bodies is safe while keeping in mind that FDA approval doesn't necessarily mean a product/food is safe.

Clarification (for my own peace of mind) please don't consider scientific medical research that results in data reproducibilty equal to FDA approval. There have been many things approved by the FDA only to result in horrible side-effects. They may provide a good starting point, however it's still important for consumers to be diligent about consulting other sources. The FDA is a regulating body and they are in no way able to strictly regulate every item. They do have a a great website; its interesting to review statistics on ingredients, tedious yet interesting. Sadly, the scientific research community has lost public respect in recent years. I, for one, am hoping that respect can be recaptured in both the general public and the scientific community.