Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice products are getting a little pricey

I don't use her products.  However, I am on her email list for some reason.  She has specials and sales quite often.  I think many of her loyal customers buy only during her sales and promotions.  Someone once posted that she emailed them once about sales, and they told them when the next sale was going to be.  I think she also has blow out sales 2x a year, but one of the posters who use her products all the time can answer that.

I use BB Beach lotion almost everyday.  My addiction!!  it is expensive to use like that.  I have learned to buy sales only, and use mrrebates/  The 20% sales, and free gifts help big time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prices rise; it's a fact of life.  I  think that for the quality, PC products are still an excellent good value. They are still right there between good drugstore brands and high-end ones, yet I think they are quite comparable if not better than many of the latter.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Her prices have gone up a little bit, but I think they're still a good value for the amount of product you receive.  Some of the specialty products come in smaller sizes, but they're still reasonable in my opinion.  I try to shop her site when she has sales, also.

The real savings for me is in the fact that I'm no longer trying this and that from so many different lines.  I know what works for me from her line and I stick with it. 

Respected Contributor

I use some of her products, have for years and years.  They have went up a LOT - I made a comment about this a while ago.  Unless you get them on sale and free shipping, they aren't so reasonable anymore.  It's ironic that was one of the things she brought out to the public - how inexpensive most of the ingredients really are.  I think greed goes along with "growth".  It always seems to happen.  She does and always did have wonderful customer service.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Prices rise; it's a fact of life.  I  think that for the quality, PC products are still an excellent good value. They are still right there between good drugstore brands and high-end ones, yet I think they are quite comparable if not better than many of the latter.

Shoekitty said

Suzy, you are so right.  All products have gone up, all of them!  Fact of life unfortunately!.  I think PC is reasonable, and price increases are normal.  I have found if you use a particular brand long enough, you will see the increase!  I was using one brand  a few years back for 7 years.  Over the 7 years I saw the price double.  At that point I had to walk away.

This year and last year I saw the largest increases in what I purchase on a regular basis.  Kind of scary! They went to town on me!

Honored Contributor

I just looked through my orders out of curiosity and the last time I bought the Clear anti-redness BHA liquid, I paid $19.90 (20% off regular price) and this was back in mid-November. It is now July 24, about 8 months later and I am just now finishing it up, using ever single morning without fail.

My moisture boost serum was bought in December and I used that up end of May. I know I got that one on sale too- likely 20% off- so that is $28 for 5 months of use, using it every day.

I'd say both are an exellent value! Smiley Happy Hope that helps put cost/usage into perspective for some.

Regular Contributor

The big savings for me is that I am able to stop searching for my HG skincare products.  PC is working for me and I don't even entertain the thought of going elsewhere for my skincare.  

I still use Philosophy Purity and my sunscreen is Bare Minerals, but the rest is PC. The customer serviceis excellent too.  I had a product that said it was good for the undereye area and it made my skin burn, swell and peel (it was awful).  They gave me a credit, and didn't make me return the product.

Honored Contributor

@butterflygirl69 wrote:

The big savings for me is that I am able to stop searching for my HG skincare products.  PC is working for me and I don't even entertain the thought of going elsewhere for my skincare.  

I still use Philosophy Purity and my sunscreen is Bare Minerals, but the rest is PC. The customer serviceis excellent too.  I had a product that said it was good for the undereye area and it made my skin burn, swell and peel (it was awful).  They gave me a credit, and didn't make me return the product.

All great points!

I do sometimes take for granted their AWESOME customer service because in the 10 years I've used her products, I have had nothing but top notch experinces. I can NOT say that about ANY other company, I really can't. I will always pay a bit more for consistently amazing customer service. I don't know how they've done it for this long, even after the change in ownership, but they have and I have been so very grateful for that!