Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice products are getting a little pricey

I was just browsing her website and a lot of the products I use that used to be in the upper 20 dollar range are now in the lower 30 dollar range.  

Anyone else noticed this?  This is one reason I hate when companies grow so much (although I do want companies to be successful, of course), their prices always seem to go up.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice products are getting a little pricey

[ Edited ]

Yeah I have noticed because I've been buying her products for about 10 years now so I've definitely seen increases over that period of time but I always wait for a sale to buy them and sometimes she has great sales, like the BOGO free on the SPFs a few months back. Other sites will have 30% off sometimes. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for her products. I don't really think the increase in prices is due to the sale of the company or because it is growing more now due to all the sites she now sells her products at as much as it is the fact that everything is going up everywhere.

I still find her products very reasonable, especially because of how long they last me. For example, the moisture boost oil lasts me 5 months or so, as does the BHA products. The only one I go through fairly quickly is the SPF products but that is because I slather it everywhere, including neck, chest hands, etc. I wish she'd make a larger size of her SPF products.

Trusted Contributor

I also wait until there is a sale, and these are often. The products are worth every penny, IMO. I have spend years and $$ trying so many products and for the first time, I have stayed loyal to many items from PC because of the result.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I've noticed a price increase too, especially after she basically sold her company to a private investment firm.

A decline in the CDN dollar doesn't help either. I like her products but I'm in no hurry to buy anything right now.

I found a nice triple pack of Cerave cleanser, moisturizer, and eye moisturizer at London Drugs in Canada on sale for $19 so that's what I'm using now as the line leaves out coloring and fragrances like Paula's line does. I know from reading Beautypedia that Cerave generally gets high marks.

Honored Contributor

I agree they are a bit pricey, but like the others I almost always wait for a sale of some kind so I rarely pay full price. Compared to other brands I think they are moderately priced, but the products I love are worth the cost. There are lots of other brands out there that are even more expensive.
Super Contributor

I also use Paula's Choice and agree prices have gone up a bit, which I suspect is due to increased costs for ingredients. Her products work really well for me - so they are worth the price. I find them moderately priced compared to other things out there and love the sales.
Honored Contributor

Wait for one of her 15% or more off sales, get free shipping and use one of the rebate sites, all bring the price down. I have also got them cheaper on ebay.

Respected Contributor

I noticed she had some products on QVC now.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

Her products have went up a little in price but I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything I've ordered.  If there's not a sale on her site, I can usually find a code to use.  Overall, I think her line is very well priced for what you get.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  It seems to have coincided with her selling the company, which was about 2 years ago.  Things that used to be reasonable aren't so reasonable anymore.  Yes, I can wait for sales and use cash back sites, but it shouldn't be all that much of a hassle.   Everyone wants the big bucks now, and sadly consumers are paying for it.

What happened to making a great product and selling it for a reasonable profit?