Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice new face powder

[ Edited ]

i got an email for a new Paula's Choice powder.  I am a sucker for anything new, but I haven't read anything favorable here about Paula's cosmetics.  If anyone getting this?  I actually need to make an order and this powder is $15, so I might need to get it in order to hit my $50 free shipping minimum Smiley Wink

(edited for spell-check induced typos!)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice new face powder

Can't speak for the new powder, but I absolutely love her skin care products, AHA, BHA, moisturizer with spf, retinol serums, etc.  Been using them since 1995.  Love that they are fragrance free, no color added and no animal testing.  I don't know why she changed her forumula for the powder. I always wait for a sale (free shipping, 20% off).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of us have posted about her cosmetics before. I LOVE her eyeshadow palette- it is one of my favorite all time palettes. I also love her FANtastic mascara and it is my current HG. I also love the lipglosses she had a year or so ago- the pink one is one of my favorite all time pink glosses but it was only a limited edition set and hasn't been back. I was not a fan of her liquid foundation. It wasn't awful but just not as good as others I use.

I probably would not try this new powder foundation because I have one I absolutely love already. Perhaps if that one stops working well or changes or gets discontinued, I may try paula's if the reviews are good.

I hope eventually she comes out with an eyeshadow primer. That is one thing I am waiting for from her.

ETA: and I love many of her skincare products. I am a long-time customer of PC products!

Honored Contributor

I have her blush palette and love it. Lovely colors, good pigmentation, easy to blend. That's the only makeup product I have from her collection, but it's high quality.

Honored Contributor

I have the one that this new powder is replacing. I don't use it anymore because most often now I am using a powder foundation. But I did think it was excellent. And this new formulation is supposedly even better. I think it's a bargain.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I have her blush palette and love it. Lovely colors, good pigmentation, easy to blend. That's the only makeup product I have from her collection, but it's high quality.

I have the blushe palette to but have yet to try it! I got it free with an order awhile back. I need to give it a try!

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I love it, too @ChynnaBlue. Not a bad blush in the bunch, and I also like the very subtle highlighter. I don't use the contour because that's the last thing I need to do to my thin face. But I guess it might work as a bronzer or eyeshadow? I don't know. But if I didn't think that this palette will last forever, I would have picked up another one.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies - that's the nudge I needed to throw that powder into my cart.  Smiley Happy. Might try the mascaras too!  I have only used a few of her skin products but hoping I can find a Retinol without dimethicone.  I am very happy with her BHA.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

Thanks ladies - that's the nudge I needed to throw that powder into my cart.  Smiley Happy. Might try the mascaras too!  I have only used a few of her skin products but hoping I can find a Retinol without dimethicone.  I am very happy with her BHA.

Her Resist 1% Retinol Booster does not contain silicone. I was using it until I switched to her Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment, which I really like. It does have silicone, but that's not a problem for me.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @suzyQ3!  I'm very excited to try it!  I am also switchi from the gel BHA to the liquid.  The gel is easy to apply but I can't wear it under makeup.