Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice new dietary supplement

PC unveiled their first dietary skin supplement with hyaluronic acid, ceramides and antioxidants.

Pricey, $39 for a 30 day supply. 

I wonder if there are less expensive alternatives, and if they work?

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice new dietary supplement

@PilatesLover wrote:

PC unveiled their first dietary skin supplement with hyaluronic acid, ceramides and antioxidants.

Pricey, $39 for a 30 day supply. 

I wonder if there are less expensive alternatives, and if they work?

I take all of these supplements individually.  Have for years.  Nothing new about these supplements.

Honored Contributor

I could be wrong, but I doubt Paula herself would have sold such supplements.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I doubt Paula herself would have sold such supplements.

I think you are 100% correct.

Respected Contributor

That's a high price for supplements. Not buying!
Honored Contributor

No thank you.  I do use Paula's skin care line (almost exclusively, paired with WEN & Josie Maran).  However, when it comes to taking pills FORGET IT! 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Hmmm. Many of us know the supplement industry is incredibly profitable and almost unregulated. Because of that, brand reputation is worth millions, at a minimum. Because the only guarantee you have of supplement quality is that you believe a particular brand wouldn't rip you off or sell you something dangerous.

They are trading on Paula's reputation, which is what they paid for in buying her brand. Not everyone will know Paula isn't in charge of the products anymore. It may all be fine, but I don't really like it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I’m skeptical about supplements, herbal drinks and powders that pop up from unrelated brands. Bobbi Brown tried to sell it on Q, a “no go”. I’m not sure about Perricone, but Paula’s Choice would be “iffy” to me as well.  I’m waiting for Josie’s version of argon pills. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never thought this brand would be jumping the shark by selling supplements but I guess you never know what's going to happen with a brand once you sell it (or a majority of it) to someone else.