Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice new Ceramide firming moisturizer - any reviews?

I want to try this new one but it's been out of stock. It's rather pricey - has anyone tried it yet? TIA.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice new Ceramide firming moisturizer - any reviews?

Never tried Paula's choice ceramide. However! CeraVe PM moisturizer with ceramides niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid, restored my dry skin. CeraVe also sells AM with SPF30. Pump applicator, Bonus points. Price is reasonable.

Honored Contributor

A moisturizer will hydrate your skin. That’s what it’s meant to do. They cannot firm sagging skin. That’s what plastic surgeons do.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a huge Paula's Choice fan and use many of her products. I bought the pricey moisturizer and quite honestly, I can find nothing about it that justifies that price. 

It's nice enough but the only thing I really like about it is the packaging.... it is in a very nicely made airless pump. 

I have better results from moisturizers by CeraVe, Clinque or even Paula's more affordable choices. 

I have used the new one every night for a couple of weeks and I just don't see why it's so costly unless the packaging has something to do with it. 

Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLoverwrote:

I want to try this new one but it's been out of stock. It's rather pricey - has anyone tried it yet? TIA.

Thanks for asking this question. I’ve been wondering as well. I also appreciate all the responses. I guess I’m always looking for that magic bullet.....😊

Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLoverwrote:

Thanks for asking this question. I’ve been wondering as well. I also appreciate all the responses. I guess I’m always looking for that magic cream to firm the sagging.😊

Honored Contributor

Two major reasons why skin sags are loss of fat and/or loss of collagen/elastin. Other than gaining a little weight and/or using tretinoin (Retin-A), there really isn't a topical you can put on the skin to firm or lift it.  Surgery, lasers and fillers...not for everyone, but these take care of skin laxity very effectively. Personally I would not spend my money on otc creams or serums that promise such myths.

Super Contributor

I’ve been using it and I love it. I’ve been a Paula user for years. I’m 39 and my skin is in good condition but I can say this brought a tone and clarity that were next level.

I was pleasantly surprised because Paula’s BHA and retinol products have kept me in good shape.

Esteemed Contributor

I echo what @Sweet_Serenity said.  If you want ceramides, try CeraVe from the drugstore.  I use the PM version in the AM (oops!) and highly recommend it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Normally love PC skin care bu this moisturizer is overpriced. Cerave has a very similar moisturizer and its a lot less expensive.