Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice company investor vs. sold

I was doing a little research and I know we keep saying Paula's Choice was sold but all I keep finding is that they took on an investor back in 2012 to help them expand their company but can't find anything regarding Paula actually losing majority ownership or selling it outright and completely, In fact, I am reading quite the opposite. Does anyone have this information?

Here is a recent article regarding PC. It clearly states both the investment company (Bertram)  and the founder, Paula, will remain majority shareholders and also that Paula's Choice and Bertram actually has a partnership (from PC's website: "This appointment continues the evolution of the company, which began in November 2012 with the partnership between Paula's Choice and Bertram Capital, a Northern California based investment company (www.bertramcapital.com).").

http://www.bertramcapital.com/news/2016-05-24-bertram-capital-completes-majority-recapitalization-of...

It sounds like Paula is definitely still a big part in the decision making of the company although she is no longer the CEO.