Super Contributor

Hi @LuvmyLab . Thanks so much for starting this thread. Because of you, I checked out the Paula's Choice website and was impressed with the amount of information about what the various ingredients can and can't do, with scientific research sources to back it up, as well as her presenting relatively very few products that seem to be targeted to specific skin issues.

I have never purchased anything from her company but whenever I saw her presentations she had such an informative and calm approach to skin care and never came across like an overly chatty aggressive used car salesman, LOL.

BTW, like you, I have very sensitive skin which is also very dry, so I totally understand why you have to be careful with what you can use on your face.

I also wanted to thank everyone who responded here. I have learned a lot about Paula's Choice products just by reading your posts about your personal experiences. One hundred percent better than any host or vendor presentation.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Skincare

[ Edited ]

My HG skin product is PC  CLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (2% Salicylic Acid).  I tried the travel size CLEAR kit when my 61 year old skin had a breakout (go figure) and found out about this exfoliant by accident.

I also use Resist Foaming cleanser and Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol at night, and Calm Redness Relief mineral moisturizer in day.  Clinical 1% Retinol is my choice for retinol product.

I've tried various "boosters" and given up, they're a waste of money.  I'll also be going to a regular drugstore cleanser and switching to Cerave SPF when my day moisturizer runs out, too. PC prices have gotten ridiculous.  I finished up PC Vitamin C booster and am on the hunt for a drugstore brand or something I can find at TJ Maxx.

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Everyone using the 2% BHA liquid: I tried it and it was so sticky.  How do you get it to work with your daytime routine and not be sticky?  I heard it was so good but couldn't take the texture of it.

It seems the whole world raves about it but I couldn't stand it either- greasy and made my skin flare up - sore with red bumps.

Trusted Contributor

@ChazzyLady:  Right now Paula's Choice products are on sale for 15% off anything on her website.  I am slowly adding her products and changing over from my other much more expensive skincare line and I love what I have used so far.  

Super Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@ChazzyLady:  Right now Paula's Choice products are on sale for 15% off anything on her website.  I am slowly adding her products and changing over from my other much more expensive skincare line and I love what I have used so far.  

Wow @LuvmyLab thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of starting with the toner for sensitive skin -- can't remember the exact name of it. It's the one in the red bottle. Also, I have never bought any AHA or BHA facial skin care product but I did buy a body lotion that was on the list of recommended lotions in my then dermatologist's office for people who have eczema and it really irritated my skin. It was a lotion with AHA and ever since I have avoided anything with AHAs. That was about 20 years ago so maybe today's AHAs are different but I still don't think I want to take the chance.

Thanks again for the heads up and for starting this topic.