Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice, Rodan & Fields or Skinn Cosmetics?

On 8/1/2014 MandySays said:

I reached out to PC via email with the same info I used in my OP here..they replied!

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to make some suggestions for you! In terms of products, I think that our Skin Balancing line of products are actually a better fit for your needs than our Resist Anti-Aging Collection. The Skin Balancing is an excellent option for anti-aging, but the textures are lighter which may be more comfortable given that you have combination skin with dry areas. To get started, our Skin Balancing Starter Kit contains the basics that we suggest for healthy skin: Cleanser, Exfoliant, Day or Night Moisturizer. To add to this, you can certainly consider our Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum which will not only help in terms of antioxidant benefits, but will also help to mattify the skin when used under the Skin Balancing Daily Defense SPF30. I hope this is helpful, and if you have any further questions, please let us know.

Gotta love speedy Customer Service. Too bad I'm STILL torn between SKINN and PC haha.

I agree with myshell about following up regarding samples, but I strongly recommend calling instead of e-mailing. You have a much better chance of talking them into sending samples free of charge.

With regard to choosing between lines, are you adamant about using skin care only from one line? Because you can mix and match if you interested equally in some of the products in both both brands or any brands, for that matter.

I personally use PC for most of my skin care, but as I mentioned earlier, I do use other brands for certain needs as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Paulas Choice or ASDM, IMO. Both have quality ingredients that won't break the bank. I use products from several lines, but these two lines are great!! I'm slowly but surely getting about 50-75% of my products from these two lines. Just proves that you don't have to pay a ton for good skincare. Smiley Wink FYI -- I'm in my early 30s, and I think now is a great time to start using a Retinol. Also, SPF EVERY SINGLE DAY. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The biggest difference is R+F is a medical grade product just under prescription strength and what the Drs. offer in their office.  There are a lot of great skincare to simply clean your face but to adequtely treat and correct your skin concerns you need real medicine used in the right order to produce results.  There is a less than 1% return rate since the inception of Rodan + Fields.  The countless undeniable results speak volumes.  

These products corrected cystic acne, Acne Scaring and wrinkles like nothing I've ever used and considering the Drs. offer a 60 day emply bottle $ back, which no other Drs. do, it was a no risk.

I trust these Drs. know what they are doing considering their impecable and high respected medical reputation.  I would challange anyone to the the 60 day trial and see their results.  Loving looking younger and more confident!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@GreatAdventure wrote:

The biggest difference is R+F is a medical grade product just under prescription strength and what the Drs. offer in their office.  There are a lot of great skincare to simply clean your face but to adequtely treat and correct your skin concerns you need real medicine used in the right order to produce results.  There is a less than 1% return rate since the inception of Rodan + Fields.  The countless undeniable results speak volumes.  

These products corrected cystic acne, Acne Scaring and wrinkles like nothing I've ever used and considering the Drs. offer a 60 day emply bottle $ back, which no other Drs. do, it was a no risk.

I trust these Drs. know what they are doing considering their impecable and high respected medical reputation.  I would challange anyone to the the 60 day trial and see their results.  Loving looking younger and more confident!  :-)

You have three posts under your belt, all today -- including your finding this old thread.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I know what your "GreatAdventure" is. FYI: Solicitation or advertising on this site is prohibited.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I too am primarily using ASDM and a little Skinn and ISOMERS, but I have my skincare regimen down and am not adding a bunch of other things. One thing I do is from Philosphy and it's their peel pads-made a huge difference in my skin clarity! I love ASDM and they are so reasonable and have such good sales and their shipping is quick and most always free......They have a point system too, so you can get free products when you build up enough points.....That is my Main Skin Care line, and I am so happy I head about them on this board and decided to try them.