Esteemed Contributor

Paula's Choice Retinol, Clinical or Resist?

i have Paula's Choice in the clinical 1% retinal treatment and just receive the latest TSV that included Resist retinal serum which doesn't say the percentage of retinal.  Does anyone know the difference between these two products?  One says treatment and the other serum but not sure which is better or when to use which product.

Super Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Retinol, Clinical or Resist?

The clinical 1% is stronger at 1% the serum is .01% so less strong and is in a serum base..  The 1 percent is strong and best to mix with some oil etc.. Both are great and I alternate because I cannot tolerate the 1 percent on a regular basis. I use that once a week and the Serum  three times a week but do NOT use together!!! Great products to change your skin. 

Frequent Contributor

this was the answer I came to Beauty Banter looking for ! thx. That is my complaint about all these brands is that they have too many products doing the same thing and don't adequately explain them. I love Paula's Choice.

Trusted Contributor

Paula has explanations on her site for her products, and gives the percentages of retinol in each.

Respected Contributor

I have only tried the retinol serum from the TSV.  I'm thinking of adding the 1% Retinol and using it every other night.  I have had absolutely no flaking from the retinol serum or the 2% BHA.  Does this mean I need something stronger or is flaking a bad thing?