Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Retinol Booster?

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

I've only used it for a couple of weeks but so far I haven't had issues with irritation or anything like that. I've been mixing it with the skin balancing invisible finish moisture gel and really like it.

@HSB1204, thanks  so much. Can you tell me how many drops you use and how often you apply it? Also, if you've seen any positive effects,  how would you describe them?

TIA.

I figured I would start off slowly so I've been mixing one drop with my moisturizer every other day. Since I haven't had any problems with that I may give two drops a try. Like HappyDaze, I'm mainly using it for prevention so I can't really report any results at this point.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

Jeez Louise, aren't there any, ahem, older women hanging out here today who have tried it? I've had it with you youngsters who have no problems to speak of. Prevention, schmention....

Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Jeez Louise, aren't there any, ahem, older women hanging out here today who have tried it? I've had it with you youngsters who have no problems to speak of. Prevention, schmention....

Smiley LOL

Sorry, we're all just spring chickens! Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Smiley LOL

Your time will come, my little chickadee(s).

But, hey, when it does, your skin will look B-E-A-UTIFUL!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Smiley LOL

Your time will come, my little chickadee(s).

But, hey, when it does, your skin will look B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Hopefully! I'll report back on my results in 20 years. Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

Has anyone used and can compare this to Retin A or Refissa?  Is it just a lighter, less potent version.

This is from the FAQs for PC's other 1% retinol product, the one that FUTURE mentioned that she is currently using, but I think the info might still be helpful. The difference, of course, is that with the booster, you choose how many drops to use:

This product contains retinol, which is weaker than prescription retinoids but, over time, produces comparable anti-aging and anti-acne results. A prescription retinoid may produce faster results, but it does so with the added risk of side effects like redness, flaking, and increased sensitivity.

A product with 1% retinol is more comparable to a prescription retinoid with 0.02 tretinoin (the active ingredient in Renova and Retin-A).

@suzyQ3, I'm actually using the Resist Intensive Repair Cream. It has retinol in it. I have the Clinical in my stash to try when I get through this bottle. I'm hoping my skin doesn't freak out! Lol!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

Has anyone used and can compare this to Retin A or Refissa?  Is it just a lighter, less potent version.

This is from the FAQs for PC's other 1% retinol product, the one that FUTURE mentioned that she is currently using, but I think the info might still be helpful. The difference, of course, is that with the booster, you choose how many drops to use:

This product contains retinol, which is weaker than prescription retinoids but, over time, produces comparable anti-aging and anti-acne results. A prescription retinoid may produce faster results, but it does so with the added risk of side effects like redness, flaking, and increased sensitivity.

A product with 1% retinol is more comparable to a prescription retinoid with 0.02 tretinoin (the active ingredient in Renova and Retin-A).

@suzyQ3, I'm actually using the Resist Intensive Repair Cream. It has retinol in it. I have the Clinical in my stash to try when I get through this bottle. I'm hoping my skin doesn't freak out! Lol!

@FUTURE, oh, you're right. But then of course you would actually know what you're using. :-) I don't know how I read "retinol cream" and changed it to the Clinical.

Too many names, eh?

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

@FUTURE, oh, you're right. But then of course you would actually know what you're using. :-) I don't know how I read "retinol cream" and changed it to the Clinical.

Too many names, eh?

She does have quite a few Retinol products. I mean, technically I do have the Clinical. Lol! Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

Too many names, eh?

She does have quite a few Retinol products. I mean, technically I do have the Clinical. Lol! Smiley Wink

Thanks ladies!  I think I will stick with my Refissa.