Regular Contributor

Paula's Choice Resist 10% AHA

I have never tried any of the Paula's Choice products. I am thinking of trying her Resist 10% AHA. I would love you reviews on any Paula's Choice products that you have tried. I have fine lines and dry skin. Would also like your recommendations on her products that you really love. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Resist 10% AHA

I have skin that tends to be on the drier side and I love her 2% BHA products, especially the Clear anti redness and the 2% lotion. I don't have blackheads or anything but these products work better for my dry skin than her AHA which tends to irritate my skin (although alot of people love it). I have been using her BHA products I think for around 10 years now. I won't be without it.

I also love her new moisture boost oil- it has saved my skin from drying out too much this winter.

And I won't be without her Skin recovery moisturizer with SPF. I even use that all around my eyes, including on my eyelids with absolutely no eye irritation, which is amazing since I've never had luck with any SPF around my eyes before.

Remember, you can request samples to try before you buy! I hope you find something you love!

Honored Contributor

I use and love her 2% BHA Lotion. I really like her Skin Recovery line, too. In that line I use the Skin Recovery cleanser, antioxidant serum with retinol and her Skin Recovery moisturizer. I have dry skin, too, which is what the Skin Recovery line is geared towards. I also have mild rosacea so tend to steer clear of AHA products. I was using her Resist C15 until I ran out. I'm debating about whether to order that again or switch to another Vitamin C product that was recommended on here that you can order from etsy. I liked her Vitamin C product though, just wasn't sure whether I might prefer a pump to a dropper. The dropper that Paula uses might be easier to control the amount used though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I use and love the Skin Recovery moisturizer at night and also in the morning around my eyes (this is the one without SPF). I also use the Skin Recovery mask once or twice a week -- I leave it on all night.

I absolutely always have a back-up for both the Resist toner and the Hydralight toner.

A couple weeks ago I started using the lip balm and absolutely love it. I now have the lip exfoliator as well.

I use and like several other products, too. I did buy the new oil product that HappyDaze mentioned. As soon as I finish with my current oil, I look forward to using it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 HappyDaze said:

I have skin that tends to be on the drier side and I love her 2% BHA products, especially the Clear anti redness and the 2% lotion. I don't have blackheads or anything but these products work better for my dry skin than her AHA which tends to irritate my skin (although alot of people love it). I have been using her BHA products I think for around 10 years now. I won't be without it.

I also love her new moisture boost oil- it has saved my skin from drying out too much this winter.

And I won't be without her Skin recovery moisturizer with SPF. I even use that all around my eyes, including on my eyelids with absolutely no eye irritation, which is amazing since I've never had luck with any SPF around my eyes before.

Remember, you can request samples to try before you buy! I hope you find something you love!

I haven't tried this or even noticed its existence. Does it really work on redness? I've had no luck with others that make the claim. Also, what are you loving about the oil?

OP, other than the two questions I asked HD my answer would have been about the same. Love PC's 2% BHA liquid. The SPF moisturizer is also a must. I can not, however, use PC's serums but so wish I could. She uses 'cones very high in the ingredient decks and my skin yells in a high pitched, whiney voice if I use them.

Hey, HD. Hope you had a nice Holiday season.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say that I also use her lip balm every night. I like it a lot, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 BellaCarro said:

I haven't tried this or even noticed its existence. Does it really work on redness? I've had no luck with others that make the claim. Also, what are you loving about the oil?

OP, other than the two questions I asked HD my answer would have been about the same. Love PC's 2% BHA liquid. The SPF moisturizer is also a must. I can not, however, use PC's serums but so wish I could. She uses 'cones very high in the ingredient decks and my skin yells in a high pitched, whiney voice if I use them.

Hey, HD. Hope you had a nice Holiday season.

Bella!! One of my most favorite posters! So glad to see you around! I had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend alot of time with my family so it was perfect. I hope you had a nice one too! I am really excited to hear more about your chemistry experiments! Smiley Very Happy I want to know if you've made anything that you totally love. I think it is so cool that you are doing that. I really should look into it since it is something that I am completely interested in and would find enjoyable.

Regarding the anti-redness claim, I only get a little light redness once in awhile, mainly around my nose, and come to think of it, I hardly have that issue anymore. I think only once recently and that is the first time in a long time and was probably more to do with crying than anything (doggy issues). {#emotions_dlg.crying}I am not sure if that is the difference or not to be honest but thinking back, it probably coincides with my switch from the lotion to the anti-redness one so maybe? I mainly like it because the lotion was a bit much during the summer (a little too heavy feeling) so tried this one (I had already used the regular liquid before) just to see if it was lighter feeling. It is. A bit watery in consistency, which I like. Sinks right in and never feels tacky like the regular liquid can if you use too much.

Regarding the oil, I've been using mainly either alone or mixed with NCN's matrixyl and I have yet to have any dryness or tightness I can get when it gets cold out. Not even the kind of chapped feeling I sometimes get when it is very cold (or in heat or windy conditions). I can only contribute that to the oil since all the other products I am using are the same ones I've been using for awhile now. No other changes. I was skeptical about it but am really happy with it so far.

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 BellaCarro said:

Bella!! One of my most favorite posters! So glad to see you around! I had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend alot of time with my family so it was perfect. I hope you had a nice one too! I am really excited to hear more about your chemistry experiments! Smiley Very Happy I want to know if you've made anything that you totally love. I think it is so cool that you are doing that. I really should look into it since it is something that I am completely interested in and would find enjoyable.

Regarding the anti-redness claim, I only get a little light redness once in awhile, mainly around my nose, and come to think of it, I hardly have that issue anymore. I think only once recently and that is the first time in a long time and was probably more to do with crying than anything (doggy issues). {#emotions_dlg.crying}I am not sure if that is the difference or not to be honest but thinking back, it probably coincides with my switch from the lotion to the anti-redness one so maybe? I mainly like it because the lotion was a bit much during the summer (a little too heavy feeling) so tried this one (I had already used the regular liquid before) just to see if it was lighter feeling. It is. A bit watery in consistency, which I like. Sinks right in and never feels tacky like the regular liquid can if you use too much.

Regarding the oil, I've been using mainly either alone or mixed with NCN's matrixyl and I have yet to have any dryness or tightness I can get when it gets cold out. Not even the kind of chapped feeling I sometimes get when it is very cold (or in heat or windy conditions). I can only contribute that to the oil since all the other products I am using are the same ones I've been using for awhile now. No other changes. I was skeptical about it but am really happy with it so far.

Ah, thanks. You too. I thought about you and SQ3 often when I was playing mad scientist (I remember a few "that pesky science" posts). I have learned sooo much! I pretty much totally immersed myself into it for about two months. I had made an investment in supplies and was planning on the results as Christmas presents. I had two initial epic failures. Of course, I had to figure out exactly why. Long story short, I gave myself a lot of chemistry lessons and learned a crazy amount of information about oil and butter properties, fatty acids and fatty alcohols, esters, emulsifiers, preservatives, additives, on and on. Still learning. I have loved every single minute of it. Well, maybe not the slimy, greasy, oil everywhere cleanup. I hope to get some samples out to SQ3 before too long. Would you also be interested in trying some out? I know the two of you will be gently honest with the feedback. And, yes, I daresay you would enjoy it. Lots of math, lots of precision (weighing to tenth of a gram), lots of learning, and lots of lovely results to use and share.

Exactly what is the name of PC's anti redness? If it is PC anti-redness lotion I'll kick myself for not realizing the obvious.

I'll have to look at the ingredients in her oil. I like the way the results are sounding for you. I've had a similar result with Isomers Ceramide serum. Of course, I now have a pricey little vial of ceramides waiting to live in a formula. Soon little ceramides, soon.

Honored Contributor

On Ah, thanks. You too. I thought about you and SQ3 often when I was playing mad scientist (I remember a few "that pesky science" posts). I have learned sooo much! I pretty much totally immersed myself into it for about two months. I had made an investment in supplies and was planning on the results as Christmas presents. I had two initial epic failures. Of course, I had to figure out exactly why. Long story short, I gave myself a lot of chemistry lessons and learned a crazy amount of information about oil and butter properties, fatty acids and fatty alcohols, esters, emulsifiers, preservatives, additives, on and on. Still learning. I have loved every single minute of it. Well, maybe not the slimy, greasy, oil everywhere cleanup. I hope to get some samples out to SQ3 before too long. Would you also be interested in trying some out? I know the two of you will be gently honest with the feedback. And, yes, I daresay you would enjoy it. Lots of math, lots of precision (weighing to tenth of a gram), lots of learning, and lots of lovely results to use and share.

Exactly what is the name of PC's anti redness? If it is PC anti-redness lotion I'll kick myself for not realizing the obvious.

I'll have to look at the ingredients in her oil. I like the way the results are sounding for you. I've had a similar result with Isomers Ceramide serum. Of course, I now have a pricey little vial of ceramides waiting to live in a formula. Soon little ceramides, soon.

oooh that sounds so fun! I really do need to dabble myself. Just hearing about it excites me, lol!

You know I'd LOVE to try some! Hey, if you want, SuzyQ has my email address and she can give you it if you want to "chat" more outside of these forums.

Okay, in fear of waylaying the OP's thread, I will re-focus back the PC stuff. Smiley Happy

the exact name is (drum roll.....it is a mouthful): Clear regular strength anti-redness exfoliating solution with 2% salicylic acid. Whew! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

oooh that sounds so fun! I really do need to dabble myself. Just hearing about it excites me, lol!

You know I'd LOVE to try some! Hey, if you want, SuzyQ has my email address and she can give you it if you want to "chat" more outside of these forums.

Okay, in fear of waylaying the OP's thread, I will re-focus back the PC stuff. Smiley Happy

the exact name is (drum roll.....it is a mouthful): Clear regular strength anti-redness exfoliating solution with 2% salicylic acid. Whew! Smiley Happy

Perfect, will do.

Sheesh, that is a mouthful. Thanks for taking the time to post it. I bet you had to go look at the container. I know I would have.