Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Glad you love it so far, Dharma! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Good to hear it's not shiny and greasy looking. I'm finding that to be a consistent problem with sunscreen and any products with sunscreen in it. I'm really annoyed that I have to put on more product to get rid of the shine!
Super Contributor

On 6/5/2014 Andreatoo said: Good to hear it's not shiny and greasy looking. I'm finding that to be a consistent problem with sunscreen and any products with sunscreen in it. I'm really annoyed that I have to put on more product to get rid of the shine!

That's not only a drag, but may lessen the effectiveness of the SPF, which is supposed to be the last thing you put on your skin, so it's the outer-most product. Maybe give this PC product a try (or one of her other non-shine SPFs).

Trusted Contributor

On 6/5/2014 mustbuyless said:

Thanks for the review, Dharma. That's great that it worked for you. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of skin do you have- oily or dry?

What a coincidence: I just tried it after ordering a sample size. (And before that, I read reviews on Make Up Alley-& on the PC website).

I'm a bit disappointed. First, I was surprised to find it had a tint. Not sure I need or want that. I might have put on too much, because I found some of it coming off on a white towel. I went to the gym right after applying, and was embarrassed to have left the mark on their poor towels.

Second, I think I also have the beginning of a new bump on my forehead- and it's been a long time since I've broken out. So I'm not sure it'll work for my oily skin, even though it's supposed to be for oily to combination skin.

I'm just about to order a sample of another PC sunscreen, the shine-free spf 30 hydralight. I saw a bunch of reviews from oily-skinned reviewers. Fingers crossed that this will work because I do like PC.

It sounds like this sunscreen isn't a good fit for you in multiple ways. I did want to share with you that I was reading some interview with a dermatologist about people reacting to trying new products or ingredients and she said that anything originating from underneath the skin really can't be due to a new topical product as those breakouts usually take a few weeks to develop. I thought you would want to know although it doesn't sound like that would influence your decision on this particular product nor should it.

The Dermatologist's point was that too many consumers don't realize that, with the exception of a rash type reaction, few topical products, used for just a brief period of time, are really at fault for breakouts and she stressed that because they take quite some time to develop, noticing them shortly after introducing a new skincare product is just merely co-incidental, not the source.

I think it benefits all of us to know what reactions can be blamed or at fault right after trying new products and what realistically can't be -

Good luck with the Hydralight - hope you have better luck with that one!

Love your nic, btw {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

On 6/6/2014 wackers said:
I did want to share with you that I was reading some interview with a dermatologist about people reacting to trying new products or ingredients and she said that anything originating from underneath the skin really can't be due to a new topical product as those breakouts usually take a few weeks to develop.

The Dermatologist's point was that too many consumers don't realize that, with the exception of a rash type reaction, few topical products, used for just a brief period of time, are really at fault for breakouts and she stressed that because they take quite some time to develop, noticing them shortly after introducing a new skincare product is just merely co-incidental, not the source.

I think it benefits all of us to know what reactions can be blamed or at fault right after trying new products and what realistically can't be

Wackers, this is very interesting! If you haven't already, I think you should post this as a separate thread so more people see it. Food for thought indeed!

Trusted Contributor

Good idea, Dharma, as I do think many make inaccurate assumptions. And once I read her comments, they made total sense to me. It would also help some not just toss in the towel, so to speak, on something they really are hoping to be able to use. I will try and get to that today.

Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2014 wackers said:
On 6/5/2014 mustbuyless said:

Thanks for the review, Dharma. That's great that it worked for you. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of skin do you have- oily or dry?

What a coincidence: I just tried it after ordering a sample size. (And before that, I read reviews on Make Up Alley-& on the PC website).

I'm a bit disappointed. First, I was surprised to find it had a tint. Not sure I need or want that. I might have put on too much, because I found some of it coming off on a white towel. I went to the gym right after applying, and was embarrassed to have left the mark on their poor towels.

Second, I think I also have the beginning of a new bump on my forehead- and it's been a long time since I've broken out. So I'm not sure it'll work for my oily skin, even though it's supposed to be for oily to combination skin.

I'm just about to order a sample of another PC sunscreen, the shine-free spf 30 hydralight. I saw a bunch of reviews from oily-skinned reviewers. Fingers crossed that this will work because I do like PC.

It sounds like this sunscreen isn't a good fit for you in multiple ways. I did want to share with you that I was reading some interview with a dermatologist about people reacting to trying new products or ingredients and she said that anything originating from underneath the skin really can't be due to a new topical product as those breakouts usually take a few weeks to develop. I thought you would want to know although it doesn't sound like that would influence your decision on this particular product nor should it.

I think it benefits all of us to know what reactions can be blamed or at fault right after trying new products and what realistically can't be -

Good luck with the Hydralight - hope you have better luck with that one!

Love your nic, btw {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

wackers, I think if you consider the function and nature of skin, you realize that an immediate reaction would be solely on the surface -- redness, itching, burning, welts, that kind of surface reaction.

I'm glad you posted this. I consider it every time I read a review in which someone says that they immediately broke out after using a product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Paula's choice has sample sizes of the 1% retinol available if any one wants to try it before they buy it. The sample is $10 but it looks like the regular price will be $20 - It looks like it is a deluxe sample ( a little mini bottle) not a tiny envelope.