Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice New Eye Creme-FYI

@Adelina. Good point about the Cosmetic Dictionary. What I was referring to, though, was even easier. In her ingredient decks, she describes the purpose of each ingredient in parentheses.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, we are not talking about 2 ingredients here are we?  I realize it makes a difference what the ingredients do, but some of her "important" ingredients are further down and no I am not going to look them up.

This seems to  happen every time Paula is mentioned.  People pick it apart and get defensive about it.  I use her products but made some observations.  And I well remember Paula commenting about the vast number of ingredients in some creams and making fun of it.  She is being a hypocrite plain and simple.- in my opinion.  Have at it all you want and insinuate I'm not correct I really don't care.  That is why I don't comment much on Beauty anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Adelina. Good point about the Cosmetic Dictionary. What I was referring to, though, was even easier. In her ingredient decks, she describes the purpose of each ingredient in parentheses.

@suzyQ3, Duh, me! Do you know that I had no idea they did this with their products online?? Where have I been. hahahaha

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

@Lannie wrote:

Well, we are not talking about 2 ingredients here are we?  I realize it makes a difference what the ingredients do, but some of her "important" ingredients are further down and no I am not going to look them up.

This seems to  happen every time Paula is mentioned.  People pick it apart and get defensive about it.  I use her products but made some observations.  And I well remember Paula commenting about the vast number of ingredients in some creams and making fun of it.  She is being a hypocrite plain and simple.- in my opinion.  Have at it all you want and insinuate I'm not correct I really don't care.  That is why I don't comment much on Beauty anymore. 

It's called a discussion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Thanks for sharing this. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

ah another thread for Paula Choice bashers/haters to do their thang.

Honored Contributor

@Lannie wrote:

My point was simple-for many years Paula preached that no one needed an extra cream for the eyes.

She strongly criticized companies for putting in so many ingredients in their creams because the farther down the ingredient deck the less of it and less effective, if at all, it would be because there was so little in there.

She also said the prices were outrageous for the cost of the ingredients. 

Now she's doing the same thing.

If anyone wants to know the number of ingredients in a product of hers that they are using they can simply go to her website and count them.

"She" is not. As I said, she does not own the company anymore and does not make the decisions for the company anymore.

But your agenda is clear and it is obvious no amount of reason will change your mind.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

ah another thread for Paula Choice bashers/haters to do their thang.

If you are referring to me, read all my posts.  I use her products, I have recommended her products many times and still do for some of them.  I realized she sold the company, but her name and reputation are still in it and I would think she would still have some say in it.  I don't hate her, but I do not respect her like I used to.  It does not stop me from buying the products I like, otherwise I wouldn't buy from a few other vendors on the Q either. I don't have an agenda, just my observations I've noticed throughout the years. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't looked at the decks lately.  I've always had trouble with her products with 'cones high up in the deck.  The prices have climbed quite a bit and in a relatively short amount of time.  I love the BHA and AHA body moisturizers but it's about time to find an alternative.  The sunscreens are my favorites but one more price increase and I'll start looking around seriously.  I don't think I'll ever stop using the BHA and the AHA liquids, though.

I understand she is not calling the shots any longer but the eye cream reversal does seem like a big one.  I'm sure it won't matter to new customers and I'll bet that is a big focus.  I'm a fan but philosophical reversals without a good explanation will make me a little wary of whoever it is in charge and thereby the company.  

As for ingredients, almost any botanical, extracts, proteins, peptides, (actives) below 1% are tossed in simply to be able to say they are in there and most often serve no other purpose.  It will also drive up the price of the end product as additional raw materials.  Regardless of the line that is just the case.  

Respected Contributor

@PATTY wrote:

Wait.  You're offended because a large company is selling an eye cream?  This seems like a weird thing by which to be offended, but whatevs.

I think you have greatly over simplified the point SunshineKate was making and thereby completely missed it.