Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice New Eye Creme-FYI

So the new eye cream is available. You can read the FAQs and check the ingredients on the item page. I'm definitely considering it. CS told me that you need a very tiny amount of it due to its richness.

And as for the hubbub about PC and eye creams, that was the first question addressed on the FAQ page for this item:

The Paula’s Choice team has said for years that we don’t need a separate eye cream, and now you have...

Paula and her team continue to say that not everyone needs a special product labeled as an eye cream. That’s because many well formulated face products such as moisturizers, serums, and other treatments can and should be used around the eye area, too.

We decided to create our own eye cream when we learned that even our most loyal customers were asking for an eye cream. We want to make sure our customers who feel they need to use an eye cream only use a truly outstanding one, so we formulated an eye cream that meets our stringent criteria for excellence.

If someone is going to use an eye cream, it needs to be brilliantly formulated with effective ingredients, not make outrageous claims, and be noticeably different in texture and results from traditional facial moisturizers. This is exactly what you’ll find our Resist Anti-Aging Eye Cream has. It is a completely different texture from our facial moisturizers—one that’s luxuriously emollient, rich, and long-lasting, yet still not greasy.

Do you need this eye cream? Not if you’re happy with the results you’re getting from your facial moisturizer and serum when applied around the eyes. But if you want to do more to fight signs of aging or if the skin around your eyes is drier than the rest of your face, Resist Anti-Aging Eye Cream is absolutely worth using!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

You are right on the money Paula made a facebook post and said the same thing I love Paulas choice but the rapid release of products is dizzying It seems to me that companies like paulas and bare minerals and tarte go downhill when they are sold and strays from their philosophies that made them unique and a quality product Paula made a name for herself by being outside the box and not conforming to hype but Ithink that's all going to change now and she will loose many loyal customers because of it 

Esteemed Contributor

@tdm wrote:

You are right on the money Paula made a facebook post and said the same thing I love Paulas choice but the rapid release of products is dizzying It seems to me that companies like paulas and bare minerals and tarte go downhill when they are sold and strays from their philosophies that made them unique and a quality product Paula made a name for herself by being outside the box and not conforming to hype but Ithink that's all going to change now and she will loose many loyal customers because of it 

I was surprised to see a facebook post from Paula's Choice in my newsfeed this morning with a videoclip of Paula explaining this very topic of why they have created an eye cream. Apparently they have gotten many requests from their customers to create one so they decided to make one. 

Trusted Contributor

@tdm wrote:

Comes down to money...it always seems to lately with many vendors....there are sooo sooo many lines of skincare out there online in stores ....it's about the money and competition...not as much devotion or sticking to her original philosophy's I believe.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe it's just me, but I'm far more interested in whether a company's products work for my skin than I am about who owns it and the evolution of product offerings.

So far, almost all the PC products I've used -- both in the past and currently -- have been high-quality, effective, and, IMO, moderately priced. And their CS remains tops.

As long that doesn't change, I'm not going to fret.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I would too 😁
Regular Contributor

About my previous comment as I cannot figure out how to post, once again(!), I just wanted to remark that I'd prob buy the neck cream too 😁. Long-time Paula's user here ...
Trusted Contributor

Talk of hypocrisy,  The following is one of the reviews of Dr Denese's line which apparently escaped the recent revamping soon after PC's joining the QVC lineup.  

"Is a higher concentration of retinol better? That’s the assertion this fragrance-free, silicone-based serum makes, along with boldly stating that “nothing on the market is more effective for firming the appearance of skin”. That’s an interesting claim, especially when you consider that Dr. Denese sells numerous other serums and other products with retinol, and all of them claim to be the bee’s knees, too. Does the good doctor not believe her own claims, or is she just hoping you’ll pay attention to one of these products and overlook the similar claims made for all the rest?"  Beautypedia

This even though both face and neck retinol treatments  by Dr Denese were given four of four stars.  

So why, once again, is it that we need more and more products , some with identical formulations ?  Why do we need an eye cream? and a neck cream ? and the myriad of  products ?