Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice - Mixing retinol serum & AHA?

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Thanks so much for your input, everyone!  It's most appreciated!

@suzyQ3  That's OK about the retinol serum & moisturizer answers.  I wasn't going to do it because the instructions said not to mix the two retinols.  I'm glad to see what some people have called customer service for advice in this area and that it's OK to do depending on skin type.  I've used the serum, which I understand has a higher perentage of retinol than the moisturizer, for 5 nights in a row and my skin was fine.  I guess I could mix the serum and the moisturizer if I was so inclined.  Thanks for all your posts.  Smiley Wink

Okay, good. I guess I am a bit confused about what your real question was. I could have sworn that you were asking about mixing an AHA product with retinol. My goof.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 Oh no, I was asking about combining AHA and retinol, the other answers about combining retinol serum and moisturizer were just bonuses as far as I'm concerned.  You did not goof at all.  Smiley Very Happy

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

I've been using AHA with retinol (PC products) for months and my skin has never looked better. 

Per PC:  Retinol may be used with AHA or BHA, depending how your skin responds.

I found this listed under the how to use section of her 1% Retinol.

Valued Contributor

I would, and have, emailed Paula's Choice concerning use of products with prescription Retin A. I had an email response within 48 hours about the order of use of products and using products together. This would be my suggestion, and then you can try it and find out if it works best for you