Regular Contributor

I also use this, alternating with her retinol. Call....tried to email for help initially on product application sequence and got a snarky response.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

Be careful when first using the 2% BHA liquid.  I recently tried it and after using it less than a week I got several red, dry patches on my face.  I had used the 1% BHA successfully in the past, but the 2% is just too strong for me, and I don't consider myself to have excessively sensitive skin (it is oily).

I do use and love her Earth Sources products (cleanser, toner, and moisturizer).  I agree with others that you can call their Customer Service and they are quite helpful and friendly to answer any questions you may have and come up with products that might work well for you.

I agree about being careful with the BHA. I would not add anything other than a gentle cleanser and sunscreen.

I can use the RESIST BHA but the others were very irrating to my skin.

I would avoid using retinol or AHA the same day as the BHA

I have sensitive skin and I can use the 2% BHA without any issues. I have been using it for 10+ years now and I won't be without. I cannot use AHAs, even Paula's Choice, because it irritates my skin but the BHA, no problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Ladies

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze, i am responding to your post below this one..lol........ edited/changed  my original  post because  the ingredents in Stridex  were more than I knew about. I didn't read the whole label,i just knew it was sal-acid .

I used the  Stridex and it worked very well for my breakouts. They are all gone and mostly in 1 day.

Sadly, I think the breakouts were caused by the JM Argan Milk  I was using

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Ladies

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I ordered it but then cancelled. At first I thought, WOW, this is just what I need  because at 78 I was beginning to get a lot of breakouts. When I realised it was salicylic  (sp?) acid,I thought  I would just stick with my Stridex pads that have been working great and are a whole lot cheaper.........

It doesn't have just salicylic acid in it but also other great ingredients for the skin.

But I am confused about your post-you said that you are starting to get a lot of breakouts so it doesn't sound like the stridex has actually been working great?

Occasional Contributor

I am an avid Paulas Choice user. As others havesaid check out her website there are many resourses there to help you find products that work for you and their customer serviceisgreat try samples first  With some trial and error I now havea skincare routine that's wonderful for me Good luck!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think I have finally found my skin care line <3 <3 <3   Having to  switch from JM because of sudden breakouts I was lost in the skin care world.

Untill I went ahead and tried Paulas Choice. I really like it.It is working very well and it feels good. I enjoy using every one of the products I have begun using.

@HappyDaze I am especially loving the BHA that I denied was nessary a few posts back. It feels good ,not drying and is very soothing. Thanks for the heads up on the ingredient list   Smiley Wink 

I hope QVC stocks more of her products and kits and larger product sizes and more on  auto delivery.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I think I have finally found my skin care line <3 <3 <3   Having to  switch from JM because of sudden breakouts I was lost in the skin care world.

Untill I went ahead and tried Paulas Choice. I really like it.It is working very well and it feels good. I enjoy using every one of the products I have begun using.

@HappyDaze I am especially loving the BHA that I denied was nessary a few posts back. It feels good ,not drying and is very soothing. Thanks for the heads up on the ingredient list   Smiley Wink 

I hope QVC stocks more of her products and kits and larger product sizes and more on  auto delivery.

@MalteseMomma glad things are working well for you! I would suggest looking into ordering directly from Paula's choice. There are always sales, freebies, etc plus you always get 3 (sometimes 5) free samples you get to choose, which is a great way to try something new without the $$ investment. Their samples are often how I found things I loved (and didn't love!) over the years.  They also offer an auto delivery program and if I remember correctly, when you put something on AD on PC's website you get 10% off automatically. Just a suggestion to help save you money! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would also remin you, @MalteseMomma, that if you google "Paula's Choice promo," you can very often find a working code for a good discount.

And don't tell anyone, but you can usually use two codes at a time. I did that a few days ago when I used a code to get a free blush palette. plus a code from retailmenot.com for 20 percent off.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

And 5% from Mr. Rebates!

Valued Contributor

@Iwantcoffee I've used her 2%BHA in the morning and her 8%AHA in the evening for over a decade as suggested in one of Paula's books and have had no problems. I've added Retin A. I just don't use any extra peels or other exfoliate type because then that is too much for my skin. I'm always using sunscreen, too.