Occasional Contributor

Just ordered Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid and wanted some suggestions of Paula's Choice that would complement this product.  I'm in my later 50's with combination skin.

Respected Contributor

You can go to her website and they will help you with your concerns.

Respected Contributor

I've been a PTR user for a couple of years, decided to try Paula's 2% BHA (less expensive) works great !  Zits don't stand a chance ! My skin is clear just as it was with PTR Complexion correction pads. So I ordered and have been using her Clear Skin Hydrator and the daily mattifying fluid. They are also great and less expensive. I have oily skin.  Good luck

Honored Contributor

@cwsj I would strongly recommend your call their customer service and let them know all your skin concerns and they can help suggest items that might help you and often they will send out samples of the products so you can try them first. Their customer service is great and very helpful and unlike many companies, they will talk you out of a product if they don't think it is needed for your skin!  Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Ladies

[ Edited ]

Be careful when first using the 2% BHA liquid.  I recently tried it and after using it less than a week I got several red, dry patches on my face.  I had used the 1% BHA successfully in the past, but the 2% is just too strong for me, and I don't consider myself to have excessively sensitive skin (it is oily).

I do use and love her Earth Sources products (cleanser, toner, and moisturizer).  I agree with others that you can call their Customer Service and they are quite helpful and friendly to answer any questions you may have and come up with products that might work well for you.

Trusted Contributor

I would also recommend calling or E-mailing customer service for their take on products. They talked me out of getting BHA due to my skin type. I'm waiting for the 5% AHA lotion to come back in stock. 

Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Be careful when first using the 2% BHA liquid.  I recently tried it and after using it less than a week I got several red, dry patches on my face.  I had used the 1% BHA successfully in the past, but the 2% is just too strong for me, and I don't consider myself to have excessively sensitive skin (it is oily).

I do use and love her Earth Sources products (cleanser, toner, and moisturizer).  I agree with others that you can call their Customer Service and they are quite helpful and friendly to answer any questions you may have and come up with products that might work well for you.

I agree about being careful with the BHA. I would not add anything other than a gentle cleanser and sunscreen.

I can use the RESIST BHA but the others were very irrating to my skin.

I would avoid using retinol or AHA the same day as the BHA

Honored Contributor

@cwsj wrote:

Just ordered Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid and wanted some suggestions of Paula's Choice that would complement this product.  I'm in my later 50's with combination skin.

I'm 61 with very dry skin and I have been using the 2% BHA for a couple months with very good results. I cleanse, then apply a toner then the BHA. then comes a serum than a moisturizer.  I use it once a day in the a.m. The next day I use  the 8% AHA gel. Huge difference in my skin texture. Also you can buy samples to try too, but please e-mail or call their CS for more info. I've had great luck with talking to them.

Honored Contributor

I would call rather than e-mail because you actually want to have a back-and-forth conversation.

First, though, I would go through the website carefully to get some ideas for you skin type and situation. Then call.

I have sensitive, normal to dry skin. I'm using the BHA 2% liquid with good results and no problems. My other favorites are the Skin Recovery Moisturizer, Resist toner (for a little moisturizer) and Hydralight toner (after cleansing), the oil booster product, and the Clinical 1% Retinol (need to start very slowly).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Ladies

[ Edited ]

@cwsj,

I'm 59, have an oily t-zone and haven't had any problems using the PC Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid.  I don't apply it with a cotton round, too wasteful of the product, I just splash a couple of drops in my hand and press it to my face.  This BHA liquid is different from any other BHA toner I've ever used because it has 'slip' and spreads around easily on damp skin.  It's not alcohol-based and I don't find it drying nor greasy.  It only takes a small amount so the bottle will last quite a while.

I also use retinol and an 8% glycolic acid cream on top of the PC BHA liquid with absolutely no irritation.  Of course, you'll have to experiment to see what works for you.

Another PC product I enjoy using is her Resist Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner.  I put some in a small spray bottle and spritz it on after cleansing.  Nice product!