Super Contributor

Paula's Choice Foundations/ Tinted Moisturizer?

Do you have a favorite? If so what one do you like and what's the finish look like and what's your skin type normal, dry or oily? Thanks
Trusted Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Foundations/ Tinted Moisturizer?

I love Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. It's for combination and oily skin. I would say my skin is slightly oily, mostly in the T-Zone. The product actually mattifies, it's not too thick and it's tinted. It contains a physical sunscreen, which is important to some people. I love it and have repurchased it a bunch of times. I've also turned my mother onto it. I wish it was less expensive.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Frequent Contributor

I have this product and love it too, but it offers no coverage. I don't know that she offers a tinted moisturizer (?). Have you considered the new BareMinerals product? It is extremely nice. Revlon's CC product also has nice coverage and a beautiful finish. I bought both based on Paula's reviews. hth!

Super Contributor

I second Stargazer's choice if you're looking for a moisturizer. It's a great tinted moisturizer with SPF. In my experience, though, it does accentuate dry patches, if you have them. My skin is normally oily, but it's doing a combo oily/dry thing at the moment (oily in T-zone with dry-ish places here and there) as a result of an acne treatment.

If you have pretty decent skin, you could get away with using it as your makeup, but it's not really made for use as a foundation-type product. I just use it to get my sunscreen in without it leaving a white cast. Everything Stargazer said above is true in my experience, too.

Trusted Contributor

I use Paula's All Bases Covered Liquid Foundation In conjunction with both Bare Minerals Matte and IT Celebration Foundation - the original version in the black compact. Just posted on another thread about a Wayne Goss tip that really works at making your foundation last all day with zero touch-ups needed! The trick is to first apply your moisturizer and/or primer. Then you lightly dust your face with a loose powder - I use Bare Minerals Matte but any loose powder will work. After that you apply your liquid foundation - I use the PC All Bases Covered. As a final step you lightly set this with a powder - I use the IT Celebration Foundation - and add blush. Make-up really does last all day! The All Bases Covered is for dry skin. I have combo skin but it works very well for me. Gives a medium coverage. It is very creamy and easy to apply. Love it! Edited to add that the key with this Wayne Goss technique is to use a very light hand with each step! Less is more!
Valued Contributor

I third Stargazers comment! I use Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 and just love it. So light and never greasy. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It is tinted, but that is just to combat the white that occurs occasionally when you have zinc oxide as the SPF. I would not say it has any "coverage" at all. Paula's Choice does have a tinted moisturizer and I have used it when I need barely a touch of coverage. It is very very minimal but nice for a summer coverage or a no make-up day. I liked reading monetfan's description of the All Bases Covered. I may try it. If I don't do the Wayne Goss method of powder (that seems like too much stuff on my face) how is the coverage and how long does it last on the face? What is your opinion of color choices? Is it more cool or warm. I am a huge Paula's Choice fan.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/17/2015 ednapsych said:

I third Stargazers comment! I use Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 and just love it. So light and never greasy. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It is tinted, but that is just to combat the white that occurs occasionally when you have zinc oxide as the SPF. I would not say it has any "coverage" at all. Paula's Choice does have a tinted moisturizer and I have used it when I need barely a touch of coverage. It is very very minimal but nice for a summer coverage or a no make-up day. I liked reading monetfan's description of the All Bases Covered. I may try it. If I don't do the Wayne Goss method of powder (that seems like too much stuff on my face) how is the coverage and how long does it last on the face? What is your opinion of color choices? Is it more cool or warm. I am a huge Paula's Choice fan.

My recommendation would be to order some little samples from Paula of the All Bases Covered. The samples are in adorable little pots that will last you about a week or more - or at least they were in the pots last April when I first ordered them! (Edited to add - I just looked at Paula's site and it looks like her samples are no longer in the little pots but rather in packets! Too bad as the little pots gave you a lot of product, plus they were very cute!) I use two shades - Nude and Wheat - which I blend together. To me the Nude is a cool shade and the Wheat a bit darker and more neutral. I think given the creamy consistency that you would want to set it with a light dusting of some sort of powder. As to the Wayne Goss technique, even he says it sounds "mental" in his video, lol! Again, a very, very, very light hand in application is key! The technique minimizes pores and gives an extremely natural finish which truly does last all day long. (In his video he uses a translucent Nars powder. I use the Bare Minerals and IT Celebration as that is what I already had!)
Super Contributor

Thanks for the recommendations. I did order samples of sheer tint, all bases covered and best face forward. I tried the resist foundation and just found it to be to heavy. I'm looking for a more natural look. I'm a minimalists when it comes to makeup I want a real good SPF with some coverage and I use Bobbi brown shimmer bricks for some color. I also tried the super light SPF 30 its just to drying and not enough color. My skin is normal to slightly dry. At night I use CeraVe moisturizing cleanser and paulas resist retinol body moisturizer on my face ( my HG retinol) love, love it.